• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Press Release July 1st 2015 "autocycle" Legislation To Congress

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really wish that it will be that way but I seriously doubt it .... I doubt that the strongest skeptics (AKA .. haters) will be satisfied until EM is gone and forgotten .... I don't think to them it matters if that happens next week or 50 years from now .... they will always find something to try and twist to prove they are right ..

Amen, Jim. A tiger can't change it's stripes!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Assuming EM gets the P5-P30 prototypes built on schedule and the Elio to production, the extreme skeptic's point of view won't matter (it never did) and they will be gone and forgotten. Some of the extreme skeptics with resevations may even be commuting in their Elio; living happily ever after in Elioville.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ever stop to think ELIO would a be catalyst for change then Polaris will come along a stick a cab on the slingshot, of Kia will roll out a copy in 9 months.
CanAM rolls out a cab version it would not be hard for CanAm to do it.
Would not be the first time someone created a market only to have others take it over.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ever stop to think ELIO would a be catalyst for change then Polaris will come along a stick a cab on the slingshot, of Kia will roll out a copy in 9 months.
CanAM rolls out a cab version it would not be hard for CanAm to do it.
Would not be the first time someone created a market only to have others take it over.

once EM goes into production I most certainly anticipate other companies getting into the market .... I don't see many if any being able to go head to head with EM in mileage, features and most importantly price .... while they could certainly move in a different direction, the Slingshot is a power rig that I would think with an enclosed cab would be a blast to drive .... mileage and price would put it in a different segment of the autocycle market

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Although others would likely get in the market it will be a long stretch to get something like the slingshot, can am, or a kia to approach the $6800 price tag of an elio.

If others do enter the market I'd suspect they would have to charge quite a bit more which would make them less of an "and" vehicle and more of an expensive toy.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are both correct. The fuel mileage on the CanAm for it's size sucks but it does run well. The poor fuel mileage for it's size is one of the reason I do not have one. The smart car is cheap and sells very few( on the list of do not buy cars) in this market yet many high mileage small cars that cost more do sell well.
$6,800 is a target not one of us has any guarantee we will take delivery at any set price. That remains to be seen.

Top Bottom