• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Previous Production Target Dates And Delays

Before March 2015, will Elio Motors announce another delay for the production target date?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Was just curious, does anyone have their arms around the Elio Motors' previous announcements of intended production target dates, when they made that announcement, and then approximately when a delay was announced?

For example, the one I know of for sure, was about May 2014 when it was announced that a delay would push the target to Sept 2015. I'm not sure what the target production date was at that time.

Personally, it seems like another delay announcement is possible, only because I'm not aware of how things are going behind the scenes. If things are going well, we might not see a delay announcement. It certainly is possible that a delay is coming, I'm hoping not, of course.

In my research on the Aptera, one of their last delay announcements was about a month or two before the target of production start. Something like they had a target of Dec 2010, and they announced a delay on Nov 2010 to be winter of 2011. Aptera and Elio are nothing alike, other than both were start up companies and both vehicles had 3 wheels. :)

I saw a FB post by someone that said matter-of-factly, that in 2011 EM said production to be in 2012, then in 2012 EM said production in 2013, etc. I did some brief research but did not find much to support the claim.

Hey, let's do a poll with this, why not...

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Delay, postpone, move back ...... but we still love the Elio.
E logo.jpg

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can you tell which vote is mine? :D

I'm certain there will be more delays. You have a guy who's never built a motor vehicle before, building a motor vehicle that's never been built before, using an engine that's never been built before. This is a complex endeavor and delays are inevitable.

The delays don't bother me. What allays any concerns I might have is the fact that Paul's vision has not changed since at least 2008. Everything I can find shows him consistently on-message since at least then. With a guy with persistence and vision that strong and clear, I think delays will only be delays.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I certainly hope there aren't any delays, but who knows? Like GPA said, it's a complex, first time project and anything is likely to happen. Like everyone else, I'd prefer it sooner than later but you don't always get what you want. Hmm, those might make good lyrics, "you don't always get what you wa-ant". I better copyright that asap!

Top Bottom