• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Printer Toner

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
People who are frugal enough to by a $6800 car must know of a reliable on line source for printer toner .It's a HP P1102 not that that matters

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
People who are frugal enough to by a $6800 car must know of a reliable on line source for printer toner .It's a HP P1102 not that that matters
You will pay about $18 for a remanufactured one, personally Id go with OEM, I troll eBay for months to get a good deals on them.
It all depends on what you are expecting, quality over price, go with OEM, price over quality then go with a cheap-o refilled one.

HP printer tech since 1989-

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a friend of mine
http://highdesertprinter.com/
I used them when I was head of IT for a chain of 27 Title and Escrow offices; great quality, really good prices, and a really good guy.
I've sent him Elio links and he's thinking about it; but he's a "wait and see it" kind of person.

(Note, this is not a solicitation of business, just a mention of an on the fence person for the Elio; if it does not sit right with Mods or site Admin feel free to remove it)

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There used to be do-it-yoursef refill kits for some HP B/W cartridges that I used a couple of times.
I had fairly good sucess with them and It brought the cost of printing way down.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Toner printers can't tell how much toner they have so they just estimate it. My printer has a little gear on the side that slowly rotates to indicate empty after so many pages have been printed. I've taken that gear out and rotated it by hand probably 4 times on the "starter cartridge" that my printer came with. Mine is a color printer and subtracts pages for cyan, magenta, and yellow even if I'm only printing in black. So, I just spin that gear around and reinstall the toner cartridge. Voila! (It works on my printer but some newer ones have a little chip so the printer knows you are re-using a toner cartridge and it won't work. If you are handy enough, you can buy those chips on ebay and replace the chip as well.)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
What you really have to watch in the current toners is the control chip; rolling that gear back doesn't always get recorded in the chip.
HP has lead the way in the chips after all the law suits that happened; those chips can tell a refilled cartridge now, and if it's been in the printer before. I ran into these problems all the time when we would get a new model printer. We used Dell printers and even though Lexmark (and IBM) are the same thing, you can't swap cartridges between the printers without changing the chip. HP can read if it's a repop (refill)

'lio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I go through a lot of cartridges and mostly buy the cheapest after market ones I can find, for around $10-13 per cartridge. Never had any problems. If you go on eBay and look for an US based top rated seller with low complaints, you shouldn’t have much issues. I would buy only one or two at first and order more if satisfied.

The only thing: the manufacturers set it up in the way that you have to reset the printer/cartridge if you don’t use the OEM cartridges. Instructions are easy to find though and the process takes less than a minute.

At a savings of over $30 per changed cartridge I don’t mind at all. What I do mind is the Gilette “free razor, insanely prized refill” model of doing business that the printer manufacturers have adopted.

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is a friend of mine
http://highdesertprinter.com/
I used them when I was head of IT for a chain of 27 Title and Escrow offices; great quality, really good prices, and a really good guy.
I've sent him Elio links and he's thinking about it; but he's a "wait and see it" kind of person.

(Note, this is not a solicitation of business, just a mention of an on the fence person for the Elio; if it does not sit right with Mods or site Admin feel free to remove it)
I may go in this direction for two reasons it appears to be a decent source plus I can report as to the quality of friends you have :D

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
.......I can report as to the quality of friends you have :D

Oh oh... well hey, it's been fun, and umm I hear my mom calling me; Later :confused:

Nah, Steve (the owner) is a good guy, he was always willing to work with me any time I had a problem.
If you get one and if it has a problem, he'll send you another one at no cost; they do stand behind their products.

Top Bottom