• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pro And Con

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While filling up my car today, thinking of my elio, it dawned on me. Plus: I can wash the whole windshield from one side. Con: with the size of the tank, I won't have time to wash the windshield before the car is finished filling up!
Good problem to have...
I filled half of an Elio tank today because I have to go to Portland tomorrow and I never travel without a full tank at the beginning. Isn't it amazing how we automatically think of things in Elio "measurements". It is such fun. :-) Z

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A VERY good problem to have! :D
Just got done filling my F250 Diesel...$87.50! :eek:
I'm looking forward to struggling to hit $30 to fill the tank.

I just filled my Dodge Ram 2500HD Hemi today for $120...
It weighs 6500 lb empty and gets 13 MPG.

Now you know why I'm committed to the Elio as my "&" (and) car. :cool:

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A VERY good problem to have! :D
Just got done filling my F250 Diesel...$87.50! :eek:

We have two vehicles with 35 gallon tanks that we fill at least once a week, what were we thinking?:confused: Could really use our Elio today, haven't done the math (scared) but in the next year, we will easily pay for a second Elio.:eek::(:mad:

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We have two vehicles with 35 gallon tanks that we fill at least once a week, what were we thinking?:confused: Could really use our Elio today, haven't done the math (scared) but in the next year, we will easily pay for a second Elio.:eek::(:mad:
Since the delays started piling up, I solved the problem in the short-term by picking up a first generation Honda Insight. Big change from what I was driving, but I hit 60 MPG every day. It's a collector's item now that is retaining value even as miles accumulate, so I'll easily be able to sell it for what I paid in a year or two when the Elio shows up. If I do that it will pay for itself (including taxes, insurance, registration) in fuel savings in just a few months. If I never sell it the savings will pay for it in less than 18 months.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Many people are only putting 8 gallons of gas in their tanks because they can't afford to fill it. Now they will and the money saved will pay for the Elio over time.
A 20 spot will get you almost 3/4 of tank @ my current area prices.

I filled half of an Elio tank today because I have to go to Portland tomorrow and I never travel without a full tank at the beginning. Isn't it amazing how we automatically think of things in Elio "measurements". It is such fun. :) Z

I think of Elio math all the time. Especially when I take long trips. I could have gone 1100 miles instead of 500 in my current car. :(

Top Bottom