• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Protect Your Login Information From Cyber Criminals

cleverwise

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Hello Community,

How many usernames and passwords do you deal with on a daily, weekly, and yearly basis? I am sure it is quite a few. Life in the modern world means using the Internet and that means interacting with websites, which in turn means lots of accounts. Every site, like this one, wants you to sign up for an account.

Now comes the nightmare of keeping up with and tracking all these logins. So what do you do? Use the same password or a small group of passwords over and over? Have you stopped to think about what happens when that account gets compromised? You have heard of endless amounts of data breaches haven't you? From Twitter to Home Depot to Target to eBay to Adobe.

For best security and protection of your accounts, like online banking, you should use a different password for every account (site) - Ouch! Keeping up with all that information is a lot of work. Luckily, there are ways to make the process painless.

The good news is there is now an easy to follow, step-by-step online video training course offered by me (Jeremy O'Connell). It is available on the Udemy system and it's totally 100% free! That's right. No cost. Zip. Zero. Nadda.

So why don't you do yourself a favor and check it out before YOUR information is stolen in the next multi-million account data breach. And you should tell your friends and family so they can protect themselves too.

https://www.udemy.com/not-another-password/

Here is to your online safety!

Jeremy

cleverwise

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, Jeremy. I am my old friends "computer guy" and I am constantly amazed at how many of them use their own or their children's names, and use the same password for everything.
JP

Sure! I honestly hope this class helps teach people on how to get a way from using common information or silly things like 123456 or password1. It is crazy in the digital security landscape; as you must be aware it is more like what digital security? So hopefully this course will train people and serve as a good foundation for us computer guys (and gals) to send family and friends to for step-by-step video instructions. :-)

By the way Jeremy happens to be a long time personal friend of mine so I know he actually knows what he is talking about and personally uses what he talks about in this course. He also took a lot of his time making this course which really is free.

Thanks Goofyone! Yeah I am using what I preach here. I have converted all my accounts to long random strings and in fact logged into ElioOwners just now using KeePass with an unique 32 character random string. Plus as noted I did spend a lot of time recording this series that costs you just creating a free Udemy account and clicking signup. Okay okay maybe it costs more in the energy it takes to run your speakers. ;-)

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I use lastpass and it has made life much easier and far more secure

Last edited:

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I keep a list of websites with user name and passwords for each. It's done in pencil so it's easy to change the list when I change the passwords.:) Of course I don't have that many to keep track of, so its not that hard.

cleverwise

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
LastPass is the best online solution IMO. Good deal.

If you don't have that many passwords writing them down may work but still isn't considered the best security. Plus if you use the highly recommended random string like R-'hJ@y|11_b@i&U%RfB-z`J7ZF0d":blJg"ksUg that is a beast to type in. KeePass and LastPass will type that information in for you.

Of course one should make their master KeePass or LastPass password as secure as possible while still remembering it. ;-)

Top Bottom