• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Question About Final Pricing

Richad

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm a new member and so far I'm only a want in type of guy. My question is if I was to go all in and lets say the final price ended up being 12,000 or 15,000 we would be stuck with having to go for the extra money or loosing the deposit? Any thoughts on this concern?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm a new member and so far I'm only a want in type of guy. My question is if I was to go all in and lets say the final price ended up being 12,000 or 15,000 we would be stuck with having to go for the extra money or loosing the deposit? Any thoughts on this concern?
That is correct. You'd lose your deposit or be stuck paying a lot more for your Elio. It is a gamble of sorts. It really seems that Elio Motors will be very close to all their targets... or goals. Remember, to be an effective goal, it must be measurable, obtainable, and difficult.

Richad

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
That is correct. You'd lose your deposit or be stuck paying a lot more for your Elio. It is a gamble of sorts. It really seems that Elio Motors will be very close to all their targets... or goals. Remember, to be an effective goal, it must be measurable, obtainable, and difficult.
Thats what I thought and thanks for your fast response.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thats what I thought and thanks for your fast response.
No worries. There are a lot of us who were quite hesitant to jump in but through a lot of research, I have a really good feeling that they'll either be really close to their price point, hit it, or subsidize it for the early adopters. If they can sell Carbon credits as planned, they don't really have to profit much per vehicle... They show they could earn $300M per year selling credits to larger manufacturers.

Richad

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
No worries. There are a lot of us who were quite hesitant to jump in but through a lot of research, I have a really good feeling that they'll either be really close to their price point, hit it, or subsidize it for the early adopters. If they can sell Carbon credits as planned, they don't really have to profit much per vehicle... They show they could earn $300M per year selling credits to larger manufacturers.
What is a carbon credit?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi and welcome from Oregon, Richad. Only you can decide a level of commitment you are comfortable with. I did a lot of research, reading the good, bad and ugly and came up smiling. I am now waiting for my production number. There is a huge amount of material here to read so I encourage you to jump in and enjoy the Elio journey. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What is a carbon credit?
I know it has been discussed here but I have not been able to find it using the search function. I believe all auto manufacturers will need to meet a certain carbon footprint by a certain date. If they can't meet it, it will cost them a lot of money. However, if Elio has more than enough carbon footprint credits in their company, they can then sell them to the company that needs to meet the standards. That is a very rough and not guaranteed accurate explanation. Hopefully some one who actually knows what they are talking about will jump in and rescue me on this one. :-) Z

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver

Welcome to the forum Richad, from Kansas. I lived in Phoenix from '88-'91. Have visited a few times, most recently Mesa about 4 yrs ago.

I don't know much about the Carbon (I think I've seen them called CAFE) credits. Will let another forum member explain, I'll learn too.

Top Bottom