• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Question About Final Pricing

ncarter124

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm a new member and so far I'm only a want in type of guy. My question is if I was to go all in and lets say the final price ended up being 12,000 or 15,000 we would be stuck with having to go for the extra money or loosing the deposit? Any thoughts on this concern?
This is correct as was stated by another poster. That being said (and I've gone into this in another thread so please forgive me), I don't see that happening, at least not much. The goal of Elio's success is to be affordable. They have said over and over about how they want to go after the used car market, so their price is key. It is also key to customer loyalty. If they say $6800 and all of a sudden it is over $10,000.... that will leave a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths, they will lose customer base, and it could be very damaging for Elio to do this. Now, I will say that I do expect it to be a tad higher than $6800, but not much. I can see $7000-$7200 when the dust settles, just my guess. At any rate, I wouldn't stress it.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome Richard,
This article explains the credits. It's not favorable if your on the fence, but one thing you have to remember. A $1000 all in reservation before Sept. 1st. brings that $6800 down to $5300, so even if it ends up higher, hopefully that 50% match will offset the difference.
http://jalopnik.com/56-of-the-carmakers-who-asked-for-government-green-l-510296228

I would like to add, that this article is from last year.

Last edited:

lnwlf40

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome Richard. Enjoy your new found excitement, Elio! I can relate to your thoughts at this point as I was there once as well. I have come to the point where I've gone all in at $100. Not much, but it's a point where I don't fear the chance of losing that (which I feel is very unlikely). I've thrown away more than $100 at once several times in my life, but that's another story for a forum much different than this one. But I am more confident it will succeed, then I will be ahead of the demand to some small degree. I will definitely upgrade as time goes on providing that option remains on the table and significant milestones are achieved with the development of the end product.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm a new member and so far I'm only a want in type of guy. My question is if I was to go all in and lets say the final price ended up being 12,000 or 15,000 we would be stuck with having to go for the extra money or loosing the deposit? Any thoughts on this concern?
Welcome from New Mexico and to the forum. Like many others I started at $100 and ultimately went all in for $1000. Use the forum search function to find all the information you will need to make an informed decision. Paul Elio has been very consistent about 4 things: 84 mpg, $6800, 5-star safety standards, 90% US made. I'm confident it will be built to that criteria. Welcome and enjoy the Elio experience.

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree, Paul Elio is going to get the Elio to the target base price $6,800.. Options will be added to the base price. However you, the individual owners control what additional options get purchased. For some owners the options will be a need and for others options may be a want. Consider having the Elio purchased with options for your life style now or for your future life style! If finances allow for many options so be it. If the financial funds do not allow, you will have a great Elio that still gets 84 mpg hwy, comes with power windows, radio, AC, etc! Those standard features are great for me and so many others. I am all in and sleep with a smile knowing I'm all in. Look at how many driving miles we will get on a gallon of pump fuel! That is your savings also. I am all in and did not have to think too long before I went all in. Enjoy your Elio, we all will and we are nearing 30,000.00 reservations :)
Terrence Bernard :)Maryland, USA

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree, Paul Elio is going to get the Elio to the target base price $6,800.. Options will be added to the base price. However you, the individual owners control what additional options get purchased. For some owners the options will be a need and for others options may be a want. Consider having the Elio purchased with options for your life style now or for your future life style! If finances allow for many options so be it. If the financial funds do not allow, you will have a great Elio that still gets 84 mpg hwy, comes with power windows, radio, AC, etc! Those standard features are great for me and so many others. I am all in and sleep with a smile knowing I'm all in. Look at how many driving miles we will get on a gallon of pump fuel! That is your savings also. I am all in and did not have to think too long before I went all in. Enjoy your Elio, we all will and we are nearing 30,000.00 reservations :)
Terrence Bernard :)Maryland, USA

Hey Richard, Welcome to the world of :) Elio

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Top Bottom