• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Question for those who are considering buying a BEX

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This Hello Elio Marketing Campaign is what got me interested in fully enclosed 3 wheelers: ultra low price, ultra high mileage, 5 star saety rated………and (&) vehicle…….supplement to the family car. Those marketing points don‘t seem possible for a new startup vehicle manufacturer until there is proven wide range target market interest that warrants the scaled production numbers out the start gate required for the lower price point. Is three wheels a requirement or would an affordable ($16-19K), stylish, reasonably high mpg car with a 4-5 star safety rating serve the same purpose and be more practical as a year round commuter with added driver comfort for longer road trips……..in 4 season climates? Curious thought. :)
1712539400194.jpeg

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is three wheels a requirement
For me... YES!! Three wheels makes this vehicle a motorcycle and it will not be required to go through emissions testing (in my state). I had to junk a good running car because I couldn't get it through emissions, as the replacement emissions parts were cost prohibitive.

As a bonus, (for me) insurance rates on motorcycles are substantially lower than cars.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Mark is planning on having both Heat and Air Conditioning in the BEX Mongrel. I expect to drive this 3-wheeler year round.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For me... YES!! Three wheels makes this vehicle a motorcycle and it will not be required to go through emissions testing (in my state). I had to junk a good running car because I couldn't get it through emissions, as the replacement emissions parts were cost prohibitive.

As a bonus, (for me) insurance rates on motorcycles are substantially lower than cars.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Mark is planning on having both Heat and Air Conditioning in the BEX Mongrel. I expect to drive this 3-wheeler year round.
I prefer 3 wheels too, based on fun factor. Eager to see a fully certified production ready and experience a BEX test drive to verify a purchase. However, My favorite fun factored 3 wheeler commuter to date is the Carver based on the tilt that would provide a genuine motorcycle riding experience. Hoping for a BEX or a Carver USA partnership one day.

1712584185000.jpeg

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
BEX test drive
A test drive is not a requirement for me.

Luckily, Mark is tall and (if memory serves) I think he stated he is over 6' tall. I'm 6'1", so if he is comfortable in the BEX Mongrel, then I'll fit just fine. My girlfriend will not be driving the BEX and as long as I run a wire for her to keep her phone charged, she'll be content for all of our adventures.

I remember purchasing my last motorcycle, the sales person wanted to know if I wanted to test ride the bike. I said "No, I've ridden enough Yamaha products and done the research on this model, I know what I'm getting"

Similarly, I've driven enough Honda cars, that I know exactly how this engine will perform.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A test drive is not a requirement for me.

Luckily, Mark is tall and (if memory serves) I think he stated he is over 6' tall. I'm 6'1", so if he is comfortable in the BEX Mongrel, then I'll fit just fine. My girlfriend will not be driving the BEX and as long as I run a wire for her to keep her phone charged, she'll be content for all of our adventures.

I remember purchasing my last motorcycle, the sales person wanted to know if I wanted to test ride the bike. I said "No, I've ridden enough Yamaha products and done the research on this model, I know what I'm getting"

Similarly, I've driven enough Honda cars, that I know exactly how this engine will perform.
I’m an old geezer that requires easy ingress/egress and driver comfort as a requirement. Also, have to like the styling before consideraing the test drive needed to determine the driver comfort. Performance, handling, fit/finish, high mpg, and safety rating are important too, but not deal breakers.

Ace

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would use one to keep mileage off my other cars. I drive around a bit for work, and thought I do get reimbursed for mileage, that doesn't stop the odometer from turning. I'd like to have something like the BEX, hopefully comparatively inexpensive and somewhat easy to work on. As far as mechanical components go, I feel pretty good that I can make most repairs, so dealership type service isn't a requirement. All I need to know is a specific part make and number, and I can probably get it and fix it. But, most importantly, it would be cool and different.

Top Bottom