• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

R.i.p. Prince...

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
13062144_10209306370925713_469156203006283508_n.jpg

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Growing up in the Twin Cities this was very sad news. He has gone on record before saying that he has over 300 songs recorded in a vault that have never been released. I wonder if any of those will ever come out

I looked on wikipedia yesterday, I counted about 16 albums that Prince released since 2000. The guy continued to crank out music for sure, so makes sense that there's a bunch of songs recorded and not released.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
pneumonia is what I heard a few days ago, however...........

update, and still unconfirmed -
"Earlier this week, the performer was treated for the flu after his plane made an emergency landing."
Little article I found this morning about that incident;
Prince was reportedly treated for a drug overdose six days before his death on Thursday, according to TMZ.

Prince’s jet plane made an emergency landing in Moline, Ill., last Friday due to a medical emergency. His rep told Variety at the time that the singer was struggling with the flu.

According to the TMZ report, doctors gave Prince a “safe shot” after he was rushed to the hospital, something reportedly given to counteract the effects of opiates. Doctors apparently advised that Prince stay in the hospital for 24 hours — he left, however, after three hours.

Authorities found Prince unresponsive in an elevator when they arrived Thursday morning, responding to a 911 call. First responders tried CPR, but were unable to revive the pop star and he was pronounced dead at 10:07 a.m.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Little article I found this morning about that incident;
Prince was reportedly treated for a drug overdose six days before his death on Thursday, according to TMZ.

Prince’s jet plane made an emergency landing in Moline, Ill., last Friday due to a medical emergency. His rep told Variety at the time that the singer was struggling with the flu.

According to the TMZ report, doctors gave Prince a “safe shot” after he was rushed to the hospital, something reportedly given to counteract the effects of opiates. Doctors apparently advised that Prince stay in the hospital for 24 hours — he left, however, after three hours.

Authorities found Prince unresponsive in an elevator when they arrived Thursday morning, responding to a 911 call. First responders tried CPR, but were unable to revive the pop star and he was pronounced dead at 10:07 a.m.

Wow, that's too bad. Was the elevator in his home there in Minnesota?

Yeah the old "flu" story.

Watching a special about Magic Johnson when he learned he was HIV positive all those years ago, the Lakers team told the public for 2+ weeks that Magic had the flu, as to why he wasn't playing games.

Top Bottom