• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Relocating To North Carolina

Reaction score
Why do you think your car won't be built till 2018 ? With a SL 5938.

I think it will be 2018 because any engineering changes made as a result of the E series production will take time. Also the 100 fleet vehicles will take time to produce and make further changes based on their on the road testing. And lets not forget the funding. We still need around $200M to start production and until the ATVM loan is approved, we can't move any further than beyond the 100 fleet vehicles. I think all this will take all of 2017 leaving 2018 as a deliver year.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it will be 2018 because any engineering changes made as a result of the E series production will take time. Also the 100 fleet vehicles will take time to produce and make further changes based on their on the road testing. And lets not forget the funding. We still need around $200M to start production and until the ATVM loan is approved, we can't move any further than beyond the 100 fleet vehicles. I think all this will take all of 2017 leaving 2018 as a deliver year.
Your statement about the ATVM is no longer correct; Paul has stated they can go to production without the ATVM loan; however the ATVM loan does make it easier. That loan also goes to vendors and not to EM.
To build the 100 can be done in less than a week; they area going to be built at the factory.
The factory is expected to build 500 a day with a single shift, 1,000 a day with two shifts when at full speed. So 100 in a week should be very possible.

Top Bottom