• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reporting In From Canada... #2305

Peter Beens

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I placed my $1000 all-in order on January 12, 2014. I'm #2305.

As far as I know, I'm the only "all-in" Canadian at this time. I know buying from Canada is a risk because Elio doesn't plan on looking at international certifications for maybe a few years after production starts, but I'm willing to take the chance and work with Elio on getting it here, hopefully before that.

-Peter, #2305, Niagara Falls, Canada

Sidecar Bob

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the fun.
Check with Canadian Customs. They should be able to tell you what paper work will be needed.
I know of people from Canada who bought old VWs in the states and took them home.
They had to wait 3 days at the border while the government made sure the cares were not stolen.
That may not be an issue with a new vehicle.
I don't know if this information is up to date.
Bob

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score

As far as I know, I'm the only "all-in" Canadian at this time. I know buying from Canada is a risk because Elio doesn't plan on looking at international certifications for maybe a few years after production starts, but I'm willing to take the chance and work with Elio on getting it here, hopefully before that.

Welcome :)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I believe there is a member in New Foundland (my apologies if that is misspelled), who is all in with a $1,000. You only get on the map if you complete the survey and he may not have done that. :-) Z

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Very cool Peter! You are definitely on the edge of the cutting edge. Best of luck in your endeavors to help the Canadian govt allow it in. You can make it happen.

Probably a very corny joke, but if we could figure out how to waterproof the Elio.... Niagara Falls... hmmm? Hmmm??!!

Top Bottom