• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Ty

Elio Addict
I've only been waiting since February 19, 2014 - when Elio Motors claimed production to be "on target for the second quarter of 2015".

Oh, that's right NOW - so WE get our Elios in the next 90 days or so, RIGHT?

Oh no, sorry about that. I need to remember my own (publicly posted) conclusion:

"Elio Motors needs to "begin to learn to tell the Truth" about their production reality ...
not just keep on and on and on (still) spouting all their Sales Pitch Dogma-Blabber ...
about a production date which does not EXIST ... and CAN NOT exist until sufficient funding is attained.

Best Wishes with that.
A target is usually a goal. To set a "good" goal, it should meet 3 criteria...
1. Be difficult (otherwise, why set it.)
2. Be measureable (a date or timeframe on a calendar works)
3. Be achievable.

Now, we ALL know Elio hasn't hit their goals at least as far as production date has gone. But, have they told the truth? Sure. Funding could come soon. The factory won't take long to run up. The design is probably really close to being done if it isn't already. The engine is being tested. Suppliers are lined up.

They have surely made some goals that were reliant on things outside of their control. When the factory got held up, the production date slid as you would expect but who knows what effect that had on funding? It could very well be that they had something almost worked out that fell through with the factory fiasco. I don't know. You don't know. To say someone is not telling the truth because they didn't meet a goal is just not right.

"I'm going to lose 5 pounds this month."
30 days later, "Liar".

Did they fail at reaching production dates? Absolutely. More than a couple of times. Did they lie? Well, they were wrong. For me to say they've lied, I'd have to know that they (Paul and the gang) had no intention of meeting the production date while they continued to say they would.

They can and should maintain a "estimated date of production" even without having funding in place. They need to be able to tell a potential investor that once funds are secured, they can be in production by a certain date. Would anyone loan money to a proposed vehicle manufacture who when asked how soon they'd see a return on investment, said "We don't know when we will ever go into production." Nope. Me either.