• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I started following Persu Motors V3 Tilting Three Wheeler Commuter Concept back in '07 and is how I happened across the Elio.............looking for other three wheeler concept options while chatting with other enthusiastic V3 fans on the Fly The Road Website.
The V3 currently has 98,735 Pre-Registrations and counting over the past 9 + years at an estimated $25K price tag.
image.png

Last edited:

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I started following Persu Motors V3 Tilting Three Wheeler Commuter Concept back in '07 and is how I happened across the Elio.............looking for other three wheeler concept options while chatting with other enthusiastic V3 fans on the Fly The Road Website.
The V3 currently has 98,735 Pre-Registrations and counting over the past 9 + years at an estimated $25K price tag.
View attachment 8162
I followed Persu as well and was disappointed it didn't develop beyond the vaporware stage. Their current registrations count doesn't really amount to much since their website hasn't been updated in five years, so those 98,000+ "current" pre-registrations are likely reflective of early enthusiasm which has since dwindled or disappeared.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The V3 currently has 98,735 Pre-Registrations and counting over the past 9 + years at an estimated $25K price tag.View attachment 8162
Important disclaimer: The Persu "pre-registration" is nothing more than an expression of interest.It is not a reservation list. It's an email list of people who want "...updates by email as we get closer to launch." It's kind of like the expression of interest on the StartEngine site for Elio's stock sale. It doesn't mean a thing until the money's on the table.

Having said that... it does look like it would be a blast to drive.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I followed Persu as well and was disappointed it didn't develop beyond the vaporware stage. Their current registrations count doesn't really amount to much since their website hasn't been updated in five years, so those 98,000+ "current" pre-registrations are likely reflective of early enthusiasm which has since dwindled or disappeared.
I agree and that was my point. Pre-Registration and Pre-Reservation numbers, although impressive don't seem to get concepts to production. EM could have a 100,000 reservations and it wouldn't be any closer to production. It only shows expression of interest that aids in a new startup's ability to lure venture capital.

I think 50,000 pre-reservations and $300 Million in pre-sales revenue warrants production to start now. Most startups require the Millions to acquire production facilities and manufacturing equipment. EM has those 2 high cost requirements available and at their disposal.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The Persu "pre-registration" is nothing more than an expression of interest.It is not a reservation list.

SO TRUE . PUTTING YOUR MONEY DOWN IS QUITE DIFFERENT FROM KEEP ME INFORMED .

I CAN'T THINK OF ANY OTHER CAR THAT HAD 50,000 PEOPLE LINED UP WITH CASH
BEFORE THE FIRST ONE WAS SOLD .
Mazda Miata when it first came out 1989 had a huge waiting list because there were no other 2 seat open "Sports Type" car (except for the Alfa that no one wanted). I can't find it was 50K waiting; but I don't think it was; in the first 8 years (89-97) they only sold 400,000 of them
When they first got to the dealerships they were getting $8K to $10K over list because there was only a limited production run.

The Elio is the first of it's kind for the masses in the US and that may be why a lot of people are "wait and see" about it.

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do we know how often the count is updated? I get the impression that the counter displayed on the website requires human intervention. I was interested to see if there is a marked rate change as a result of the TV advertisement.

Top Bottom