• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Marshall, I thought they were going for a goal of 200,000 units a year.
To do 200K/Yr running 5 days a week, you have to put out 769 units per day.
And that's not including taking holidays off.

100 units per day x 5 days a week w' no holidays off = 26,000 a year.
Meaning many reservation holders wouldn't see their Elio for 2+ years after production started.

airforceguy6

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Am I missing something? Are they going to stop the reservations at 65,000 vehicles?
Elio states at the bottom of their website in regards to price of the vehicle: "* MSRP for non-refundable reservations only and applies only until non-refundable and refundable reservations total 65,000. Total current reservations can be seen at: www.eliomotors.com. MSRP excludes destination/delivery charges, taxes, title, registration, and options/installation."

Also, other sources have supported this, such as the Dailymail: "Establishing a base price will allow the company's non-refundable reservation holders to lock in their purchase price until the company reaches 65,000 total reservations."

Again, this time from Yahoo Finance: "Today announced it is establishing a vehicle purchase base price of $7,300* for its non-refundable reservation holders until the company reaches 65,000 total reservations."

Soo, from all that, it appears that the company will stop reservations when they reach a total of 65K...or change the base price of the vehicle higher than those of us that reserved and supported the company from the beginning. What they actually do from there should be interesting, such as increase the base price (most likely), or start a second batch of reservations. We wont know until they get there (soon hopefully!)

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio states at the bottom of their website in regards to price of the vehicle: "* MSRP for non-refundable reservations only and applies only until non-refundable and refundable reservations total 65,000. Total current reservations can be seen at: www.eliomotors.com. MSRP excludes destination/delivery charges, taxes, title, registration, and options/installation."

Also, other sources have supported this, such as the Dailymail: "Establishing a base price will allow the company's non-refundable reservation holders to lock in their purchase price until the company reaches 65,000 total reservations."

Again, this time from Yahoo Finance: "Today announced it is establishing a vehicle purchase base price of $7,300* for its non-refundable reservation holders until the company reaches 65,000 total reservations."

Soo, from all that, it appears that the company will stop reservations when they reach a total of 65K...or change the base price of the vehicle higher than those of us that reserved and supported the company from the beginning. What they actually do from there should be interesting, such as increase the base price (most likely), or start a second batch of reservations. We wont know until they get there (soon hopefully!)
Thanks for the clarification.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's my impression, not that much different from AirForceGuy6, that Elio will, after 65,000 reservations, no longer guaranty the price. It could be that number 65,001 will not know the price of his Elio until right up at production time. The rest of us know our price already.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's my impression, not that much different from AirForceGuy6, that Elio will, after 65,000 reservations, no longer guaranty the price. It could be that number 65,001 will not know the price of his Elio until right up at production time. The rest of us know our price already.
That is what I think will happen. They could keep it at $7300 but not as guaranteed.
After 65k, I'm sure they will post between a $7300 to $7600 'expected' price. Most likely $7300. And then if they want a new promotion they may do another locked price up to some cutoff like 85k maybe?, and a price lock say maybe $7500 and $7300 if 'committed'?

They have a lot of options after 65k is reached. Either way, I don't think they should ever go over $7800. It starts to look like an open market for competition. Where a sports upscale competitor at $9500 or an EV autocycle for $13k both would cut into the Elio market when marketed as a base price over $7800.

But also a $1000 displacement from the original $6800 might give some bad talking points in the press. Elio can easily push additional profit margins to the accessories.

Top Bottom