• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know, That might be a good question to ask EM. Will the first 65K be treated as a group. We'll call it group 1. Then all the people after 65K Group 2. Will Group 1 get their Elio before Group 2?

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMG_2294.PNG
In a word...YES !
As I understand it. I will be 21,508 to get my Elio. All in at $ 1,000. Can't wait! Or, I don't want too. (Wait that is)

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In a word...YES !
Not exactly. In fact, No.
Elio said that all first year reservations are in one pile. The first "65,000" is an arbitrary number in production-speak. That's the number Elio wants to hit before the ATVM process can happen (we think). Theoretically, if reservations really take off, if the 250,000th person reserves for $1,000 in the All-In group, he or she will get his Elio before everyone except the $1,000 All-In crowd with a lower Spot in Line number than him.

I would suspect that Paul could stop the pre-order line and restart the reservations to kind of reward the early adopters. But, we have no idea when he would do that. It could be that he'll do it when we hit 65,000 which would effectively mean that every single reservationist at that point would get their Elios in the first 8 months of the year and more likely in the first 6 months.

They have said in the past that they would stop reservations before production but I would suspect it will happen right before production. After that, and while supply is low, they'll probably go with taking orders for future delivery rather than pre-orders.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Response from EM about my question

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Dec 14, 12:01 EST

Hello,
Thank you for reaching out to us! Until we reach 65,000 total reservations, anyone who has an All In (non-refundable) reservation will automatically be locked in at $7300. However, all of our All in reservation holders have a chance to lock in at $7000 by filling out the binding agreement form. Any reservation made after 65,000 will no longer have the opportunity to lock in the base price. All of our reservations are time stamped. Your reservation within your level is locked in based on the date/time that you made your reservation. We will produce and start shipping the vehicles to our reservation holders first in this order: $1000 All In, $500 All In, $250 All In, and $100 All In and then the refundable reservation holders $1000, $500, $250 and $100.

Great to hear from you,
The Elio Team

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know, That might be a good question to ask EM. Will the first 65K be treated as a group. We'll call it group 1. Then all the people after 65K Group 2. Will Group 1 get their Elio before Group 2?
That may be it, but it looks like the group2 idea is undefined at the moment. But I get what you mean.

We have at least 3 groups to consider. And these access one of either reservations or pre-orders.
Group 1: everyone up to 65k reservations.
+ > Delivery "Sorted" first by all in or not,
+ > Then sorted by reservation amount, All-In $1k first, All-In $500 second .. etc. (as stated previously )
Group 2: everyone after the group1 program ended and until EM starts taking pre-orders.
+ > Will likely not have a 'committed' requirement or offer.
+ > Price will be set at $7300 or slightly more.
+ > Will this be reservations or pre-orders?
+ - Could go either way.
+ > If reservations and still has levels, will the 1000's from group 2 be mixed in with the delivery order with group 1?
+ - I gather we all think mixing would be unjust. And does seem unlikely from a business relations point of view.
+ -- but yes, EM could choose to keep the Group as part of group 1.
+ > Will there be level amounts like before?
+ - EM could very well just adopt one all-in reservation amount, but this amount depends on their desire for money.
+ -- let me guess, it depends on the ATVM approval.
+ > Will there be a All-In vs not?
+ - Seems to be no need to complicate things with a two-way program, it will be one or the other.
+ -- Most likely all-in only. If so, this could solidify that Group 2 is separate from Group 1.
Group 3: After the reservation program is over, I expect the following to be the case;
+ > first come first serve
+ > one fixed deposit amount. Probably $100.
+ > Price will be set at $7300 or slightly more, could be more than the Group 2 offer..
+ - price can not go above what the EM business model suggests.
+ -- I'd say very max at well under $9k, best to stay under $7900 base pricing.
+ > Very carefully not called a reservation, now a pre-order.
+ - The word 'Order' has an implied commitment for both sides in sales.
+ -- On an 'order' EM must deliver but the customer has simply put the deposit at risk.
+ > Start group3 close to or after production actually starts.
+ -- this is because it is a commitment. And therefore the Production must be a reliable dependency.

Edited- Note: You need to understand, in the case of most any change to the on-going terms of the reservation program, those people can not be easily mixed in with the prior group, since this would undermine the prior terms and therefore could be considered a breaking of the contract. Such a case could force a return of the all-in deposits in a class action law-suit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom