• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Officespaced

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having worked with automotive manufacturers and suppliers, they are very secretive when it comes to their R&D. So, the reason why you are not in the loop is because these suppliers (i.e. Roush, Continental, Bosch, etc...) don't want anything published until the whole project is done. I can see that Elio needs to be secretive because last thing he needs is for the competition out there to catch wind of what is going on. I'm really surprised they had a video of the new engine for it. That's something which automotive manufacturers are very secretive about.

With the list of new suppliers that Elio has under contract (the press calls them partners) they are all working away on a project that is quite unique and it's taking them time to get it perfect. Last thing they need is to have their name on a piece of junk. I suspect that you'll get 2-3 months of silence and then a really good pre production car will emerge. That's typical for the automotive industry.

From the pics and videos that I've seen of the recent car and the unibody shots, they are well on their way to getting the car complete that's not just a car that came out of the model shop. So, 2018 is easily doable for them.
Yes, engineering-wise just about there. Show me the money to get to the last mile. Last legs.

Bikebrains

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio just posted: 1,153 reservations remain. Using 12/28/2016 as a starting point, thus 12 days of sales, the current average daily reservation rate is 35. The equation used is (1572-1153)/(762-750). The dates are in Julian format.

Officespaced

Elio Addict
Reaction score
More like 25/day since 1/3.
So they hit the 65K reservation self-made threshold. It means nothing. The DOE, nor any other potential investor, made a commitment for funding. This was a self-imposed number. They could have said 50K or 100K. There's no commitment tied to it other than $7,300 price.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They haven't hit 65k yet. There's still 1153 to go. I was just giving the average per day over the most recent time interval.

It seems like the bad press is slowing down the reservations (and dropping the stock price) a bit. Although, I think that will reverse rather quickly if EM can produce some good news.

Officespaced

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They haven't hit 65k yet. There's still 1153 to go. I was just giving the average per day over the most recent time interval.

It seems like the bad press is slowing down the reservations (and dropping the stock price) a bit. Although, I think that will reverse rather quickly if EM can produce some good news.
Self-imposed number. It means nothing as far as any financing commitment. It's an inital price guarantee and marketing metric. Not even close to what they need to begin production, by almost $200 million.

Last edited:

Bikebrains

Elio Addict
Reaction score
More like 25/day since 1/3.
Using https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bkuP5jzC-YowDucrdNfTVSOGdapq4zdICtaSeLSquX8/edit#gid=0 as a source, the current 25/day is pretty close to the 19.7 per day dated 12/28/2016 which was based on a nine day period that included the Great Configurator Outage, 12/20-12/23. Using the reservation rate of the previous 6 days, 45 days are needed to hit "Sold Out".
Equation: 1153/((1307-1153)/(762-756)) . The dates are the relevant portions of the Julian date.

Top Bottom