• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why is this forum call "Elio Owners" when no one actually "owns" one.
May it should be renamed the "I'm hopeful someday I'll own an Elio Forum"
Or, maybe it should be renamed the "Someday my Elio will come" (with Disney Music) ?
Why is it called buying a house when you actually bought a 30yr mortgage ? Optimism!
We are future ELIO OWNERS.
The Elio vision is to make lots of Elio's. So not only are we future ELIO OWNERS, we are future classic 1st run collector ELIO OWNERS.

Last edited:

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Reaservation smershervation.
Elio needs to get going in Shreveport before there the Racer Trust "complex timeline" fine.
IMO, why current E.M. focus is on behind the scenes funding. It is do or die time. No do is not necessarily permanent die, but current vision of the Elio future would become cloudy.
They can't do that much without $$$$ and they don't have $$$$

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A lot of us own some Elio stock, does that not make us Elio owners?

BTW, I heard back from Elio today regarding my question on if I could put in an all-in and lock in the price now, but defer the purchase until the turbo is available. This was the response:

"Hello Michael.
You will have the opportunity to delay one time with your reservation when it comes to buying your Elio. That will most likely not last until there is an OE turbo option. Not sure where to guide you on this... the price will go up very soon, your call.

Make sure to check out our blog at www.eliomotors.com/blog

Thank you,
The Elio Team"

So it looks like they actually will let you defer the purchase once, but not for that long. Probably just let you move to the end of the line if you want to wait for bugs to shake out or save more money?

And the price WILL be going up "very soon".

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or, maybe it should be renamed the "Someday my Elio will come" (with Disney Music) ?
Haven't you said that before?

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agreed, But I think there is loyalty and goodwill behind the scenes. I do not know how many, but I think they are still working during this most important time on that $$$$ goal.
Don't get me wrong. I think that the Elio will be built, and we will all be As happy as a kid in a swimming pool!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
... The same reason most people say they own a house. Really, the bank owns the house and you are working on paying off a loan so that you can then own a house. I'm a home owner and I owe the bank a lot of money for the loan. I'm an Elio Owner. Elio just owes me a car. (well, sort of) I also own some stock in Elio so I guess I AM an Elio owner.

I now see I wasn't the first or most eloquent of responders. Tough. :)

Top Bottom