• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

airforceguy6

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The problem is, the 49 spots will be gone before they get a chance to update the site with your counter.
That brings out a good question. If the Elio Reservation system on their website treats reservations as a set inventory, it should be counting automatically each time an order is placed (internally). That way when the magic 65k number is hit, any reservation attempts after that would not be allowed to process (just like when a website like Amazon/Walmart runs out of stock). I doubt the website/EM would allow it to continue to process reservations with the agreements to continue past 65k, and then go back and cancel those peoples orders that happen to occur after the mark was passed.

The posted number of reservations left on EM website is manually updated, so it wouldn't show when the reservations were truly up. Who knows, maybe they are already all sold out! ;)

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
re-post

Elio.jpeg

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Mar 7, 08:57 EST

Thanks for your email Johnny.
We will not have a real-time countdown, but we will let everyone know once we have passed the 65,000 mark.

Best,
The Elio Team

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The response that Johnny got says "We'll let everyone know when we have PASSED the 65,000 mark." Now, it could be someone not thinking before replying but to me it indicates that they aren't stopping at 65,000 or else they would say "...when we reach the 65,000 mark." Speculation on my part, of course.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you put in for a lock in and the website won't let you, you'll know they've passed 65,000 (i.e. it only shows a lock in price of $7300 instead of $7000).

Last edited:

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The response that Johnny got says "We'll let everyone know when we have PASSED the 65,000 mark." Now, it could be someone not thinking before replying but to me it indicates that they aren't stopping at 65,000 or else they would say "...when we reach the 65,000 mark." Speculation on my part, of course.
I agree, they win when they get more reservations. Just depends on what they must give in return to get them.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I asked, and here's what I was told:

Coss

Mar 6, 23:54 EST

What happens when we get to 65,000 reservations since it's only 49 away?

Elio.jpeg

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Mar 7, 01:49 EST

Thanks for checking in Coss.
Once we reach the 65,000 reservation mark, the offer for All-In reservation holders to lock in their base price expires.
Thanks again.

Best,
The Elio Team
**************************************************************************************
Same question. 2 different answers, both on the same day.

Top Bottom