• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We were seeing averages of 60 per day then. Now that fewer advertisements are being aired on TV we seem to be dropping down to the norm of about 30 per day.
The 60/day rate happened just after EM announced final 7300 price. Apparently we've gained all the reservations of the people that were just waiting for that.

NorTracNY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The 60/day rate happened just after EM announced final 7300 price. Apparently we've gained all the reservations of the people that were just waiting for that.
I think you're correct. I had expectations that the E1-c would have done something, but clearly it didn't. Even I was disappointed with what I gained from it. I believed that the gas mileage being set would also be a boost, but Paul was not willing to give an estimate to when that would be fixed. He just stated that they still believed it would be close to 84mpg.

NorTracNY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
After the holidays..............TAX time. That may also be a hard bridge to cross for some people..
Is a $100 refundable deposit really going to be influenced by that? I see it more of "Do I want it?", "Do I believe it will happen?", "Will anything change if I wait?", and "Do I want it enough to put some coin down now?"

I agree that it likely will go a little fast when it's close to hitting 65K, but I actually thought that would have happened by now.

Mini2nut

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel the AVERAGE consumer needs to see an Elio on the street and test drive one before they place an order. They will see one on the freeway or at a traffic light and THEN head down to their local Elio dealer out of curiosity.

The amount of Elio's that could be sold to college students alone is huge (roughly 20 million college students in the US). The Elio is a great transportation alternative for students who live on campus or commute to and from school. Why purchase a used car with 100,000 + miles when you can purchase a brand new Elio with a warranty for roughly the same price?

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is a $100 refundable deposit really going to be influenced by that? I see it more of "Do I want it?", "Do I believe it will happen?", "Will anything change if I wait?", and "Do I want it enough to put some coin down now?"

I agree that it likely will go a little fast when it's close to hitting 65K, but I actually thought that would have happened by now.
I can guarantee you that for every person who is planning for a car that's not in production, there are 20 who will want it when it is in production. Those who can and will put money down a year or more in advance are a very small minority.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I can guarantee you that for every person who is planning for a car that's not in production, there are 20 who will want it when it is in production. Those who can and will put money down a year or more in advance are a very small minority.
Small? it's 1/3 of all deposits.

21,000+ is a fairly large group of people.
Plus when it is announced that it is going to production, how many of the 2/3 left are going to kick it up to $1K?

Top Bottom