• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Some of the employees could have made reservations however at least some employees could simply receive cars out of the final Shreveport pre-production batch. From what I understand there will need to be a pre-production batch of vehicles made in Shreveport before production officially begins as everything in the plant needs to be calibrated and tested as well as all the employees need to be trained before the line starts producing vehicles for delivery to paying customers.

We have guessed that these vehicles are intended for marketing purposes such as test drivers however there is not reason why some of them could not end up in the hands of employees who have been with this project for quite a while.

pablotech1

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far they have 35,000 preorders, at least 10,000 of those are $1000 All-in. That equals over $10 million in committed preorders. Most of these vehicles will end up costing around $10k after all the options, taxes and fees. So up to this point, if we only count the $1k All-in, they have a guaranteed $100 million in cars sold and still have a full year of additional sales before it begins production. These are conservative numbers, there's still at least 25000 reservations at other levels that I'm not even accounting for. Compare this to previous year sales for actual production cars from Smart, Scion (iQ?) and even Chevy Spark... Looking good ;)

Moderator comment: Merged into main reservation thread

Last edited by a moderator:

pablotech1

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes if all the pre orders were completed sales. I know some will not transfer into a full sale. I wonder what the default rate would be? I would assume that just because you got number 4000 your vin number wouldn't exactly be EM00004000

The VIN# would never be a bunch of zeroes, there's a lot of codes that go in front of the production #...

be3u5e9a.jpg

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes if all the pre orders were completed sales. I know some will not transfer into a full sale. I wonder what the default rate would be? I would assume that just because you got number 4000 your vin number wouldn't exactly be EM00004000
The VIN# would never be a bunch of zeroes, there's a lot of codes that go in front of the production #...

be3u5e9a.jpg

I do wonder how EM will decide to handle VIN numbers. As far as I know there is nothing preventing them from skipping VIN numbers so if they wanted to they could make the last four or five digits of each VIN match your production reservation number. I would love to have my VIN match my reserved production number. :cool:

pablotech1

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do wonder how EM will decide to handle VIN numbers. As far as I know there is nothing preventing them from skipping VIN numbers so if they wanted to they could make the last four or five digits of each VIN match your production reservation number. I would love to have my VIN match my reserved production number. :cool:

I doubt it. All production cars AND motorcycles have VIN#'s. The frame and motor of the vehicle also have some matching numbers. You will need the VIN# for title, insurance, etc...

RickD

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Not sure where the 68000 number came from but the most recent anticipated production numbers based on a 5 day week and a 3 shift 24 hour workday was 500 units a week. Far far shy of 68000/annum at only 26000 but perhaps that was meant to be initial output with production ramping up in later months with additional lines. I have no answer for that.

So about 100 units per work day. 20 work days a month, I'm 9506, so about 4.75 months, rounded up to 5 months. I want to fly down from Ohio and watch my Elio come off the production line and drive it to home. Between all the people talking to me about it if I have to stop for anything and the "Lookers" as I'm going down the road, it could take me about 5 months to drive it home! I only have one concern with the trip and that is snow. It depends on the date that production gets under way. Don't want to hit Ohio between January and February, but I will if I have to! I can't wait!!!

Top Bottom