• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Retirement Age

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This has been an enlightening thread about some pretty great people who have worked hard. Thanks for sharing. Being able to work and provide for our families and make difference in other people's lives as well as our own is what makes us great.

Retiring doesn't mean stopping working completely. We just want to concentrate more specifically on the things that make a bit more difference. Being a better father, grandfather, mother, teacher, craftsman, even golfer, and motorcycle traveler. Sitting on the rocking chair is only to devise the next plan. I am not as fast or energetic as I used to be, but I still want to be a good grandpa, build things with my kids, make a few bucks, go for another bike ride to a place I haven't been, and be a better person than I was last year if I can.

We, who are at, or approaching retirement are not going quietly, but still have some good things to offer and some bucket list items to cross off. I would like to cross off receiving my rocket silver Elio.

Here is hoping the Christmas season is good for all of you and the New year is great for us as well. I especially hope Paul Elio has a great 2017!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
This has been an enlightening thread about some pretty great people who have worked hard. Thanks for sharing. Being able to work and provide for our families and make difference in other people's lives as well as our own is what makes us great.

Retiring doesn't mean stopping working completely. We just want to concentrate more specifically on the things that make a bit more difference. Being a better father, grandfather, mother, teacher, craftsman, even golfer, and motorcycle traveler. Sitting on the rocking chair is only to devise the next plan. I am not as fast or energetic as I used to be, but I still want to be a good grandpa, build things with my kids, make a few bucks, go for another bike ride to a place I haven't been, and be a better person than I was last year if I can.

We, who are at, or approaching retirement are not going quietly, but still have some good things to offer and some bucket list items to cross off. I would like to cross off receiving my rocket silver Elio.

Here is hoping the Christmas season is good for all of you and the New year is great for us as well. I especially hope Paul Elio has a great 2017!
Thank you xtspode, very well said, and I agree; when you retire it doesn't mean you shut down and go hide in a hole; I'm busier now than when I was working, but most of all, I now have time for me, which I never seemed to have before. For once I do what I want to do, when I want to do it and how I want to do it, I answer to no one except myself.

Merry Christmas to all; be safe and be happy

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read about the trip to Alaska and then the one on Florida. I am going out tonight to find a copy of the Series on TCB. I need to watch that again. I enjoyed your pictures on your trip log. Have a bunch in some of the same places. Made me smile. Thanks

Only the pilot movie is available officially from Warner Brothers, but on the jimbronson.com website you can buy copies of the tv show that were taped from TNT back in the 1980's.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank you xtspode, very well said, and I agree; when you retire it doesn't mean you shut down and go hide in a hole; I'm busier now than when I was working, but most of all, I now have time for me, which I never seemed to have before. For once I do what I want to do, when I want to do it and how I want to do it, I answer to no one except myself.

Merry Christmas to all; be safe and be happy

I am busyer than ever before. I purchased some time from the Oklahoma DHS and retired at 62. Went to Avtask at 62. I took my SS at 64. Two retirement checks and a salary have made the past 10 years more comfortable. However, I like what I do at work and they are happy to put up with me. When I get my Elio, I plan to take some time for me. It seems like I have spent too much time working for the comfort of others. I don't reccommend that. I am not sure what retirement will be like but I wojuld like to be there next year. I just turned 74

Top Bottom