• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ring Tattoo

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1 (10-oz.) package frozen chopped spinach
1 (16-oz.) package ground pork sausage
2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1 cup uncooked regular grits
1 cup grated Asiago cheese
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup (4 oz.) freshly shredded white Cheddar cheese, divided
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 tablespoons plain white cornmeal

1. Thaw spinach; drain well, pressing between paper towels.

2. Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 5 minutes or until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink; remove from skillet, and drain.

3. Preheat oven to 350°. Bring broth, cream, and salt to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Gradually whisk in grits, and return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, whisking occasionally, 12 to 15 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in Asiago, pepper, and 3/4 cup Cheddar until melted. (Mixture will be very thick.)

4. Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot grits into eggs; stir egg mixture into remaining hot grits. Stir in spinach and sausage until blended.

5. Sprinkle bottom and sides of a lightly greased 10-inch deep-dish pie plate with cornmeal. Spoon grits mixture into pie plate; sprinkle with remaining Cheddar cheese.

6. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until set. Remove from oven to a wire rack, and cool 30 minutes.

To Freeze: Prepare recipe as directed through Step 5. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place quiche in a 2-gal. zip-top plastic freezer bag. Freeze up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator 24 hours. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes, and bake as directed.

Note: Recipe may be doubled and baked in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish for 1 hour.

EZYARCUR

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I don't like wearing rings, so I'm considering a ring tattoo.
Thoughts? Advise?
Two things to consider
1. fingers, are VERY painful - of course pain is relative, S&M folks get their eyes tattooed( true)!! I've got two sleeves, and the elbow was, for me the worst.
2. Tats are addictive
BTY, its me RUCRAYZE, (backwards) couldn't get back in after getting new computer. Try as I might, did the puzzles well, got a green check- no email.
went in as a new member different email, and here I am!!

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Two things to consider
1. fingers, are VERY painful - of course pain is relative, S&M folks get their eyes tattooed( true)!! I've got two sleeves, and the elbow was, for me the worst.
2. Tats are addictive
BTY, its me RUCRAYZE, (backwards) couldn't get back in after getting new computer. Try as I might, did the puzzles well, got a green check- no email.
went in as a new member different email, and here I am!!
I have one ankle tat now that I got 20 years ago. I'm ok with only two.
As far as the pain? Great....
Good to hear from you CRAYZE.

Top Bottom