• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Rocket Silver

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I emailed Elio to inquire if the Rocket Silver option a metallic silver, here's the response.

Joshua, Thanks for your interest in Elio Motors. It is not a metallic but it is a very bright silver. Specs will be on the website when they become available.
Regards,

The Elio Team

I don't know if the P3 was a metallic silver or not, but if not, then it's bright enough for me... though I'm still going with either primer or white as the base for the design in my avatar.

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I emailed Elio to inquire if the Rocket Silver option a metallic silver, here's the response.

I don't know if the P3 was a metallic silver or not, but if not, then it's bright enough for me... though I'm still going with either primer or white as the base for the design in my avatar.
I love silver on vehicles, but Rocket Silver looks like Battleship Gray to me. It's probably my least favorite color offered by Elio. If it was a bright metallic silver it would be the one for me. Since it's not, I'll be Creamsicle all the way.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really like the silver color, but it has two problems for me: first, here on the Gulf Coast if you look across a large parking lot, practically every car is either white or silver . . . they do reflect the sun's heat, but in "Rocket Silver" you're not really going to stand out from the crowd. The second problem relates to the first: although the "silver" color won't show dirt, it won't always show off your hard work in maintaining the finish. At the same time, it's going to be very nearly invisible in fog, particularly near sunrise or sunset because it's about the same color as a paved road. That, considering most motorists seem to be blind to anything but another car (including buses, trucks, motorcycles and trains), means a silver, white, or maybe even black Elio won't be high on the "target recognition" list. I'd recommend a refresher course in defensive driving, if not the Bondurant school before you take delivery, whatever color you choose.;)

Top Bottom