• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Rocky Mountain Hi

MagicDragon

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, I am Mike from Longmont, CO. I joined the elioowners.com forum in mid-August, 2016. I Have spent the past several weeks trying to read all the forums and threads in each one. I certainly have learned a lot about Elio and how most of the members are very upbeat about the possibility of one day having an Elio in their driveway. I did not get very interested in the Elio until about mid-2014. In 2013 I had major back surgery and had to stop riding Motorcycles which I have done since 1959. I sold my Harley Fatboy and began looking for a replacement costing something less than $45K they want for a Harley tri-glide and heard about Elio. With all the great canyon roads, close to where I live, I think the Elio will be a fun ride.

In August of 2015 I made a $100 non-refundable reservation. In November of 2015 I signed up for the StartEngine funding and made my Commitment to buy Elio Motors stock. In May of 2016 I increased my deposit to $1K all-in and then did the Commitment to buy an Elio for $7K and have a SIL of 18,288. Last year my wife and I decided to down-size and as a Result of selling one house and buying a smaller one, I was able to set aside the balance of what my Elio will cost minus the deposit and promotion bonus. The options I want should make it come in at about $10.760 plus destination charges, taxes and registration. As with most of the older members, at age 74 I don’t even buy green bananas anymore, and then just thinking about getting my Elio some time in 2017 is a leap of faith IN Paul Elio and his crew to deliver.

Mike B

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi, I am Mike from Longmont, CO. I joined the elioowners.com forum in mid-August, 2016. I Have spent the past several weeks trying to read all the forums and threads in each one. I certainly have learned a lot about Elio and how most of the members are very upbeat about the possibility of one day having an Elio in their driveway. I did not get very interested in the Elio until about mid-2014. In 2013 I had major back surgery and had to stop riding Motorcycles which I have done since 1959. I sold my Harley Fatboy and began looking for a replacement costing something less than $45K they want for a Harley tri-glide and heard about Elio. With all the great canyon roads, close to where I live, I think the Elio will be a fun ride.

In August of 2015 I made a $100 non-refundable reservation. In November of 2015 I signed up for the StartEngine funding and made my Commitment to buy Elio Motors stock. In May of 2016 I increased my deposit to $1K all-in and then did the Commitment to buy an Elio for $7K and have a SIL of 18,288. Last year my wife and I decided to down-size and as a Result of selling one house and buying a smaller one, I was able to set aside the balance of what my Elio will cost minus the deposit and promotion bonus. The options I want should make it come in at about $10.760 plus destination charges, taxes and registration. As with most of the older members, at age 74 I don’t even buy green bananas anymore, and then just thinking about getting my Elio some time in 2017 is a leap of faith IN Paul Elio and his crew to deliver.

Mike B
Mike B, welcome to the forum and the unpredictable production date for the Elio. Made my initial reservation in 2013 and have experienced multiple projected production start dates, at least one revised projected start date each year. It never seems to end and the light at the end of the tunnel keeps getting farther away.

MagicDragon

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Mike, and a belated congrats on your reservation and upgrade! Well done.

I worked at the IBM plant in Boulder for many years, so I've eaten at quite a few restaurants in Longmont, love that city. Have partaken of many a beer at the local breweries too.

I also worked at the Boulder IBM plant from 1965 through 1978 then I moved to Tucson. I quit IBM in1980 nd Moved back to Colorado and have been here since.

Top Bottom