• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Salary Of Paul Elio

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If it was 1 million dollars that would seem excessive. 250K while high seems about what i expected his compensation would be. I would take less being in his shoes but thats me.

Richad

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I would take less and then when the car is making money I would give myself a fat raise. I was reading the start your engines campaign 4 months after production starts their rent will start at 248,000 a month. Sounds like a lot but it is a million sq ft factory

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would take less and then when the car is making money I would give myself a fat raise.
I felt the same way myself. Didn't like the fact there pay is so high and he gave himself a personal loan with no interest.

But lets me honest, when people are in control of there own pay, it nearly always happens this way. :)

So, I'm not saying what is right and wrong here, but do want you to know I feel the exact same way.

Anderson Howard

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The next person below him, Hari Iyer, also makes $250,000, and since it is not his company, he was probably not willing to work for less. Generally the head of a company should not make less than someone below them. If this belief of hierarchy of salary is adhered to, the least Paul Elio can make is the same of $250,000, and this is the situation. Otherwise, since it is his company, he would probably be willing to work for less.
Mr Elios Starbuck bill must be quite high.

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I imagine that most folks on this forum go home every night and leave work behind 'em, with no or little comprehension what it means to live, eat and breath the company 24/7/365. It's a tremendous burden and it takes a tremendous toll on body, mind and soul.

And it is the rare individual who can understand and make intelligent decisions across an incredibly wide range of subjects, from engineering to finance, and distribution to operations. Or a tech guy who can speak to potential investors and regulators, or motivate a team to pursue a dream that is just this side of impossible.

After all, if it wasn't rare, we'd be seeing startups of this magnitude every other day.

Yes, his payoff will be incredible when (not if) EM is successful, but the benefits to society - from thousands of new jobs to reduced dependence on foreign oil - will be even greater.

He's worth the $250k, and so much more.

Top Bottom