• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Satellite Radio & Lambo Door

dbuehl

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hello Folks,

Just found this forum.

As like most, since I went ALL IN in Aug I’ve been compiling a list of MODs.

1st if the Elio doesn’t already come with it, I’ll be adding a SXM radio.

2nd Has anyone looked into a Lambo door kit? My first issue with this mod is all the kits I’ve looked at come in pairs for two doors, D-uh! Second issue, the Elio isn’t a standard chevy, ford, dodge etc. Any thoughts?

Dave from Perkasie PA.

CaribbeanZombie

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I asked EM about a scissor door & this was their response: A scissor door would be awesome, but probably not from us, even as an option.

I would love to see this as an option! Personally, I think it sits too low for a gull-wing (I can see smacking my head on it regularly), but I think a scissor door would be bad@$$, but prolly gonna need some major custom work!?!

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Aftermarket kits exist to do them but it would look funny. Majority of cars with these kits look horrible. If it wasn't built from the factory to be this way then why bother. I love the different upwards extending style of doors but they have to look and function right.

dihedral synchro-helix doors on Koenigsegg
koenigsegg-doors-72.jpg

McLaren-F1-orange-front-doors-open-studio-1024x760.jpg

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello Folks,

Just found this forum.

2nd Has anyone looked into a Lambo door kit? My first issue with this mod is all the kits I’ve looked at come in pairs for two doors, D-uh! Second issue, the Elio isn’t a standard chevy, ford, dodge etc. Any thoughts?

Dave from Perkasie PA.
Dave, welcome to the forum where you will find the most current information on the development and production of the Elio. Like you, I want a satellite radio but do not know if it will be one of the options yet. If not, it will be one of the first things I replace. I do know many others want it as well. In terms of Chevy, Ford, etc. We know that the seat is from a Mustang and the steering wheel is from a Chevy Camero. The forum contains threads on nearly every topic you can imagine. You might want to start by reviewing the threads that most appeal to you. Welcome to the journey and the Elio experience

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello Folks,

Just found this forum.

Dave from Perkasie PA.
First , a welcome. The site ranges comments from people who know EVERY aspect of cars and their production, Electronics, and any and every aspect of car production. There also seem to be people with some "inside info, And then there's folks like me, think it's a cool car that I can afford and will be sooooo happy to drive it.
Enjoy!

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, dbuehl.
I noticed that you have put your Order Number in as your Reservation number. Since you ordered in August your reservation number will be less than 10,000. Did you receive the Reservation number in an email from Elio?

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, dbuehl.
I noticed that you have put your Order Number in as your Reservation number. Since you ordered in August your reservation number will be less than 10,000. Did you receive the Reservation number in an email from Elio?

I was order 29183 and reservation 8590, It doesn't say that dbuehl went all in for the whole 1K. They might not have a reservation # (this in not a hashtag).

dbuehl

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Yes, you are right Jay. I keep forgetting that All In doesn't necessarily mean ALL IN at $1K. Maybe Dave will let us know.

Correct, in hast registering my profile I misread & entered my order # by mistake. It doesn’t look like you can edit this info after the fact.
I’m all in @ the $100 level right now. I promised the wife I would not do the $1k until I pay off the Dodge P/U. I hope to have that done Q1 of next year.

Top Bottom