• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Scenic Drives

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Skyline Drive103 miles 10 dollar fee for up to 6 days on and off as many times as you want. Limited access and services road posted 35 MPH most of the way. If you have time run it both directions well worth the time. Also look at the Old Sky line Drive road
Great ride in Appalachian area . We have ridden it on motorcycle a few times . Any where in the Appalachians would be a great drive with your new ELIO.
Follows what is called the Appalachian Trail
How do you pick one picture the shows the beauty of the area? Last time we rode it 4 times in a week period while visiting Washington DC.
DSCN0693_zps402fa03a.jpg

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the idea is a great idea for a scenic drive in the Elio. Would be really great to do in the fall when the leaves are changing color.

Just to clarify Roberto must have seen the new episode of Top Gear US which I also watched this past week. They followed roads near the appalachian trail the whole way from Maine down to Georgia and they were supposed to make the entire trip across 14 states in only 24 hours.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Skyline Drive103 miles 10 dollar fee for up to 6 days on and off as many times as you want. Limited access and services road posted 35 MPH most of the way. If you have time run it both directions well worth the time. Also look at the Old Sky line Drive road
Great ride in Appalachian area . We have ridden it on motorcycle a few times . Any where in the Appalachians would be a great drive with your new ELIO.
Follows what is called the Appalachian Trail
How do you pick one picture the shows the beauty of the area? Last time we rode it 4 times in a week period while visiting Washington DC.
DSCN0693_zps402fa03a.jpg

I once saw a GoldWing hit 85mph on a long stretch on the Skyline. It was a red one too. I guess somebody had to try it.
I don't recall who it was, I was only an 'Observer', Some times the speed limit is Limited by, 'The Guts You Got', at the time. At 50 over, that guy would have been Under the jail.lol

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I once saw a GoldWing hit 85mph on a long stretch on the Skyline. It was a red on too. I guess somebody had to try it.
I don't recall who it was, I was only an 'Observer', Some times the speed limit is Limited by, 'The Guts You Got', at the time. At 50 over, that guy would have been Under the jail.lol

I have no doubt in my mind that even two up we could ride the Skyline at a high rate of speed on two wheels. We don't out of respect for others. There are other places we can find a rush from speed and curves.
Another place that would be fun to drive/ride with the ELIO is Deals Gap AKA the Dragon 318 curves and switch backs in 11 miles and amazing view.
I am sure we will run the ELIO down there.

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Amen on Deals Gap! Did that in the Miata when the inlaws lived in North Carolina. A nice cruise for the Midwest would be Wisconsin Route 35 from Prairie Du Chein north to Minneapolis / St. Paul along the Upper Mississippi. Great scenery and superb views if you climb the bluffs to overlooks at places like Alma. :)

Top Bottom