• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seeing The Elio Up Close And Personal.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello, How many members actually had the chance to see the Elio up close and personal. I will get my chance coming up on April 12 in West Palm Beach. I cant wait!
Welcome from southern Oregon, gbero. I envy you. I have not seen the Elio up close and personal and Portland, OR is not on any schedule this year. I would even be willing to go to Seattle/Tacoma if it went there because I have family there. Not on the schedule. :-( Sigh! This is a great forum with lots of information, speculation, bright ideas as well as crazy ones and lots of laughter plus the best staff available. Enjoy your trip to West Palm Beach and your journey to Elio ownership. BE SURE TO TAKE PICTURES to share. We are one very greedy bunch! LOL :-) Z

Navigator

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gbero like you my wife and friends can't wait either, so we will be there bright and early Friday morning. Unfortunately, we're looking at a 300 mile round trip which means it will become a very long day. o_O
ADDED COMMENT -- I failed to mention earlier that this road trip will be taken in my 23 mpg full size sedan ARGH!!!

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sat in the P3 last fall in Albuquerque last fall, fell in love with it, and went all-in as soon as I returned to Las Cruces. Haven't seen the P4 up close and personal yet.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did in March at Daytona. Made me want it more!

#3272 - True Blue coming soon!
Hi and welcome from southern Oregon, Diane. That is what I have heard. My son is supposed to see the Elio in August and I warned him he had better be prepared to go home with a reservation. LOL I hope you enjoy this wild and crazy forum. We have some serious discussions, some truly outrageous ideas shared, and lots of laughter to help us speed the gestation time for our Elio. We also have a great staff. I hope you will join in more often. The Elio is back in Florida today, tomorrow and Sunday in West Palm Beach just in case you can't resist another visit. If you took pictures in Daytona we would love for you to share them with us. Those of us who have not seen it are always hungry for "just one view" of Elio. LOL :-) Z

Tomg3rd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife and I are going to see it later this month at Fair Park in Dallas TX...Can't wait! This will be the P4...

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Arak,
I've been a fan of this vehicle type for a good long, long time. I built the start of an enclosed three wheeler back in 1982-84 while I was a research technician for the Vehicle Research Institute. The VRI didn't have much interest in that layout, so this was my own personal project. (Google keywords: ArakLea Taddy) At the time I asked the current head of the SAE if this type of vehicle had a chance in the market place. Well, he said NO,.. fairly strongly. (IMHO, Some people are not optimists and may lack imagination!)
Anyway, I've been waiting a long time for a way to prove him wrong. Elio-M., you're my kind people!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Arak,
I've been a fan of this vehicle type for a good long, long time. I built the start of an enclosed three wheeler back in 1982-84 while I was a research technician for the Vehicle Research Institute. The VRI didn't have much interest in that layout, so this was my own personal project. (Google keywords: ArakLea Taddy) At the time I asked the current head of the SAE if this type of vehicle had a chance in the market place. Well, he said NO,.. fairly strongly. (IMHO, Some people are not optimists and may lack imagination!)
Anyway, I've been waiting a long time for a way to prove him wrong. Elio-M., you're my kind people!
Hi Arak and welcome from southern Oregon. I suspect your input on this subject is going to be very interesting. I also suspect the SAE was probably correct at that time. Times have changed, cost of gas has changed and in many ways so have attitudes towards small cars. Even though many people still drive what I call big honkin trucks, the number of small vehicles on the road is increasing. And they are getting more interesting. They are not the little tin cans I drove in the late 1950s. Our time has come and Elio Motors is here to help us get there. Go Elio! :-) Z

Top Bottom