• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Selling My $1000 Reservation For $800

vetazombislayer

Reaction score
I've reported the two troll messages (I'll give you $5 and the three fifty one) because they are off topic.

They told me through customer support that they can transfer the reservation over to another person- it would require us emailing them for the paperwork and that would be it.
I don't see much problem with that, and I sincerely hope that someone steps up to buy my reservation for a deal. I'm kind of in a pinch money-wise and would like the money.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've reported the two troll messages (I'll give you $5 and the three fifty one) because they are off topic.

They told me through customer support that they can transfer the reservation over to another person- it would require us emailing them for the paperwork and that would be it.
I don't see much problem with that, and I sincerely hope that someone steps up to buy my reservation for a deal. I'm kind of in a pinch money-wise and would like the money.
I'll give you they were joking at your expense but they WERE on topic. I mean, they were both offers of cash for something you are selling for cash. That's kind of spot-on. But, I digress. I'm sorry you are having financial issues and hopefully, they won't last long. If I remember correctly, the reservation can be transferred with approval but the Spot in Line does NOT transfer. I wonder how much that moves the rest of us? I mean, if 100 people sell their reservation who had numbers lower than mine, does my number go down by 100 or does Elio just produce 100 and do other things with them? That would be kind of unfair. Suppose you were number 10 and 5 people sold their reservations beneath you. You'd then potentially be sitting on build number 5. Would it be fair to let someone swoop in and get number 4? If lower numbers become more valuable to collectors some day... hmm... I now have questions for Elio.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Its a $900 deal if the base price is $7450 andsomeone puts down an all-in of $1000 and gets the current 25% bonus. The SIL will be either almost 22K or 58K. I suggest that as the seller you email elio and provide this info. It’ll help sell it as opposed to being vague. Plus put down why is $900 as opposed to $800.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay... I got a reply from Elio about the Spots in Line.

Your Spot in Line number will not change if someone lower than you does not take their Elio or if they sell their Spot in Line (which then puts the new reservationist at the end of the line). So, production might look like this in regards to Spots in Line:

Let's say Elio only allowed 7 reservations. Further, Number 4 sold his reservation to Bob. Production goes like this:
1,2,3,5,6,7,8,... If there are numbers missing, they simply move to the next number. In THIS example, Bob bought number 4 which then went to the end of the line of 7 builds and because reservation Spot in Line number 8 which is the back of the line.

I'm still unclear if Elio will produce some NON-reservation vehicles during regular production. As it sits now, reservation numbers won't mirror production numbers nor will the two increase at the same rate.

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To confirm yes Elio told me the same thing. You can indeed sell your reservation.

Elio.jpeg

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Jul 20, 12:26 EDT

Hello!
Thanks for your email.
Yes, you can transfer a reservation, however the place in line is lost in the process.
Thanks again!
Best,
The Elio Team

Last edited:

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll give you they were joking at your expense but they WERE on topic. I mean, they were both offers of cash for something you are selling for cash. That's kind of spot-on.

No they weren't on topic. There is legal precedent for offers that "offend the court" to be excluded. At any rate they were trolling and not the type of person we need in here.

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Plus where in hell Do you get a $1,500 deposit? Is that two of them combined? (A $1,000 & $500)
This I would really like to know, no one paid over $1,000 for a single reservation.
I' sure he is talking about $1000 deposit with a $500 bonus. Not sure it's clear that the bonus would transfer to the purchaser.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I' sure he is talking about $1000 deposit with a $500 bonus. Not sure it's clear that the bonus would transfer to the purchaser.
Could be, and I don't believe it would be.
Best he can do is wait, take delivery, then sell it for a profit.
But I don't think he can wait, and he needs it NOW!
In which case, it has to have Elio approval, and it loses all the added bonuses.
So that extra $500 becomes $250. Oh well.

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Well, I'm reporting your reporting.
Your report will be reported.

(NOW it's trollling)

Top Bottom