• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seriously? The Gas Cap Has A Real Unmodifiable Reason To Be On The Wrong Side?

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm with Wheaters on this one...bizarre! As long as I don't have to lay on the ground to fill the tank, I couldn't care less which side it's on. I was kind of taking this thread as a joke, but there's some posters that 'seem to be' genuinely miffed about having the filler on the right (wrong as they put it) side. This place cracks me up! I am thoroughly entertained! Then again, beer and a bug zapper entertains me too....Post #269 if anyone's keeping score.

NN4S

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Then again, this is the same population of people who will buy a car which automatically parallel parks ITSELF, thereby tacitly making the public admission, "I am such a pathetic driver that I can't be trusted with the mundane task of parking my own car and require an unthinking, glorified calculator to handle the task for which I have no aptitude and/or I am simply to apathetic to learn."
LOL... tell us how you REALLY feel!!! :D

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The hose will reach ACROSS the Finish of my Elio!!!!!!!!!!! I think not. The filler cap needs to be on the side and or location that makes engineering sense for the vehicle's design or as in Paul's case chose the location to save a few dollars in materials cost per vehicle to stay on target price.

No, if you park in the correct place, the hose goes around the back of the car, it's not as if you drag the hose across the paintwork! :rolleyes:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
5 months ago.:confused:

I know, I know, it's not a technical discussion for sure (speaking for myself of course), and probably one of the more 'bizarre' threads (as Wheaters put it) that I ever seen on the 4 forums I'm a member of. But it is, somehow, a post that just won't die! If you're looking for a 'serious' conversation about the Elio ( I can put on my engineering hat if I choose to...but it's Saturday, and I'm just having fun here today!), there's plenty of other threads that will scratch your itch. Hope I'm not misreading your emoticon. :cool:

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know, I know, it's not a technical discussion for sure (speaking for myself of course), and probably one of the more 'bizarre' threads (as Wheaters put it) that I ever seen on the 4 forums I'm a member of. But it is, somehow, a post that just won't die! If you're looking for a 'serious' conversation about the Elio ( I can put on my engineering hat if I choose to...but it's Saturday, and I'm just having fun here today!), there's plenty of other threads that will scratch your itch. Hope I'm not misreading your emoticon. :cool:
There is very little here to take seriously.:D
I do enjoy reading your posts though.:)

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
According to another thread, it appears, from the sideview, that the exhaust exist straight down under the vehicle. Odd for sure, but definitely doesn't exit below the fuel port.
I was thinking of these images:
elio4_front_line_art.jpg

elio_mule4_side_drwg_small.jpg

But if I flip that and overlay it onto an actual picture of the right side, it's well clear of the filler door.

wJssAEp.jpg

No probs :-)

Top Bottom