• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seriously? The Gas Cap Has A Real Unmodifiable Reason To Be On The Wrong Side?

Ralphe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The gas cap looks to be on the right side... a day from traffic. Who runs out of gas any more? There is usually a gauge that tells you your fuel level. They aren't hard to figure out but I'm sure you could take a class or something about them if you need. Kidding, of course. Imagine filling up while your significant other is asleep in the rear.... in the VERY unlikely event that a fire.starts at the pump, would you rather have the only door in the car on fire or the side opposite the only door. I, for one, am not sure I could drag my wife out through the trunk.
Maby thats not supposed to be funny, but I laughed my ass off!
"The Trunk"?

Ralphe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At 84 MPG you may forget what side the gas cap is on between fill ups . Never had that problem before .
Strange,,,,but as a trucker, with over 2 million miles, I have yet to see
anyone that ran out of gas, with no gas money! I must have picked up
a hundred people. They all had money!

Ralphe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Better yet, consider the size of the Elio. I can understand concern about a Hummer but an Elio? Did you see the picture of this vehicle from above? It is one very tiny, itty bitty, vehicle when compared to others. Besides getting out of your car and walking around to the other side is good for your health. :) Z
I walked around to the P4 gas cap, It took 3 extra steps. 3. 3. 3
Ya know, we're talkin' a foot & a half wide.

Last edited:

Ralphe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Way too much conversation about something that isn't a big deal. We complain about kids having to have everything their way these days, then I come here and we argue about petty stuff every day.

From looking at each persons age, I can see this is a mature forum. I don't remember going to a showroom floor and telling the salesman that I think the headlights should be here or there, or commenting on the gas cap location. If I didn't like it, I'd go to a different manufacturer, and the same applies here. I notice one person already tried to sell their reservation. Maybe more should join him. I for one like the design, like the thought behind why it's being built, and plan to stay in place and wait patiently for my new Elio, and be happy with a vehicle that was what I signed on for: Low price, High mileage efficiency, small footprint, something different than the masses, and something that wasn't wasteful just driving me to and from work each day.
I'm with ya...

Top Bottom