• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seriously? The Gas Cap Has A Real Unmodifiable Reason To Be On The Wrong Side?

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep me too.
I have a Land Rover with the cap on the right. And a Honda CRZ with it on the left. After a couple of fill ups you just naturally pull up to the pump on the respective side for that vehicle.
MK

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've seen it on the left and on the right. Does Elio even know which side it will be on.
Should be on left side. Get out, fill up and go. Not get out and run around to the other side.
Any of you noticed that?

Moderator comment: Merged into existing fuel door discussion thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Search around and I think you'll find a thread where this was discussed. Elio said it will be on the right-hand side due to "packaging" issues.

Does it really matter that much you'll have to walk on extra 18" around the very-narrow bum of the vehicle?

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is a well known fact that some people do not know right from wrong. Several have figured it out. Getting out and pumping your gas at many gas stations is hazardous because of how the people drive trying to get to a pump. The nice, correct, thing to do would be to reduce the amount of exposure to that traffic by placing the gas cap on the driver's side of the vehicle.
Btw I was especially entertained by the people that think the car is "narrow" and it is just 18" further...

If they can, and before everything is finalized they can still move the gas cap to the right side with very little problem... If it was out on the market already. I wouldn't have said a peep. Come on Paul! Each of us is going to fill gas up that thing hundreds of times throughout the time we own it. It would be nice to keep the vehicle between us and the traffic at some of these filling stations for safety's sake.

Top Bottom