• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Shreveport Factory Delivery $

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Here at city hall, if you want a copy of a page on file; it's free to look at, $11.00 for the first copied page, a $1 per page for all pages after "from that file!"
If you want pages from other files, same deal; $11 for the first, $1 for every page there after.
If you want it certified, add in another $25 for the first 4 pages, $15 for every 5 pages there after.
And don't dare take staples out, that's a $50 fine.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here at city hall, if you want a copy of a page on file; it's free to look at, $11.00 for the first copied page, a $1 per page for all pages after "from that file!"
If you want pages from other files, same deal; $11 for the first, $1 for every page there after.
If you want it certified, add in another $25 for the first 4 pages, $15 for every 5 pages there after.
They used to be tied to cost. Now they are revenue streams.

Earl LaSitis

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
WHEN HARLEY BUILT THERE BIKES HERE IF YOU PICKED IT UP AT THE FACTORY I AM PRETTY SURE SOME CHARGE WERE DROPPEDTHIS WAS BACK IN 1976. I THERE IS GOING TO BE A DELIVERY CHARGE WHY AM I BUYING THIS IF I OFFERED TO PICK IT UP AT THE FACTORY?

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WOW...........that's some expensive paper they use !!! :rolleyes:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
WOW...........that's some expensive paper they use !!! :rolleyes:
I like the other trick the state uses; when you buy a house or property, when you are doing the final paperwork they add on a $5 "Computer Technology" Fee. This happens on new purchases and refinancing, problem is, it's not for technology at all; it's $5 to go towards the homeless programs.
Why they call it what they do; I have no idea; but it's been in place for 10 years now.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WHEN HARLEY BUILT THERE BIKES HERE IF YOU PICKED IT UP AT THE FACTORY I AM PRETTY SURE SOME CHARGE WERE DROPPEDTHIS WAS BACK IN 1976. I THERE IS GOING TO BE A DELIVERY CHARGE WHY AM I BUYING THIS IF I OFFERED TO PICK IT UP AT THE FACTORY?
Delivery charges are government mandated and regulated. Everyone buying a particular model pays the exact same delivery charge. Doesn't matter where you live, or where you pick up the car. Elio is required by law to calculate the average delivery charge for *every* vehicle delivered, and charge that exact same price for every car that rolls off the line.

And yes, maybe in 1976 you could go to Detroit to pick up your car and avoid the fees. You can't do that today.

http://www.kbb.com/car-advice/articles/destination-charges/?r=525391170690144830
"From an historical perspective, there was a time when you could travel to Detroit and pick up your vehicle direct from the manufacturer, thereby eliminating the destination charge. This ended over 30 years ago, when the automotive industry adopted equalized freight charges."

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Marshall, do you not have doc fees in Texas?
As for copies, no copies--everything was put on a USB thumb drive and given to us.

We do have doc fees in Texas, but they are pure profit and not regulated by the state at all. I paid $50 in doc fees the last two times I bought cars, a new Hyundai and my used Miata. Hyundai wanted to charge $200, but I said no more than $50 since it is supposed to cover the handling of "paperwork" and since everything was submitted electronically (we signed on a touch screen embedded into the desk) then it was NOT $200 worth of effort.

Neither dealership pushed back on it.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
asking because I do not know the answer ====> when it comes to motorcycles and autos, the regs imposed by the Feds are different .... do the same mandatory delivery charges mandated to autos apply to motorcycles ??

Reactions: JK

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for this clarification about the Government regulation on this topic. So when my car is manufactured it will be delivered to my state were I live?

at one time Ohio along with another state or two had some regs to prevent company owned stores that might cause an issue .... don't know how the status of that issue ....as standard practice Elio trikes will be to deliver to and EM owned company store in your area .... there has also been talk that under some conditions home delivery might be possible

Top Bottom