1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Sidecar

Discussion in 'Similar Vehicles' started by Smitty901, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Smitty901

Smitty901 Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    While waiting on my Elio I put a sidecar on a 1996 FB. Used it for about 3 years. This winter I moved it to a 2015 Street 750 and it worked out great. I wanted to work on the 1996 FB.
    Now Another project Putting a Classic twin on my 2017 RGU. Just finished redoing the front end to work better with a sidecar. Added 6 degrees to the rake and two inch longer tubes.
    Then a steering damper. The Classic will be ordered for October delivery and installed first week or two of October. The front end work came out great and bike handles prefect.
    I would stop in more but for some reason I can only log in once in a while and then one post and sight stops working.
    Bike as it sits now.
    [​IMG]

Bamdalam and wizard of ahs like this.
  2. mkiker2089

mkiker2089 Elio Addict

I remember seeing on Fifth Gear a classic bike where the sidecar was engaged as a second drive wheel. I know this is probably extinct now.

Sorry if it's way off topic but has anyone seen the show "As Time Goes By" because in it Ms. Bale drives a classic motorcycle as well.

3. Smitty901

Smitty901 Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    The project has been finished for a bit. It is a blast. I am keeping my other sidecar rig also. Not an ELIO but 3 wheels. I have cursed with it a 90 mph.
    Set up with all the options except AC. Hannigan motorsports and Mischlers HD did right by me on this project. Came in on budget and on time right down to that last day

[​IMG]

4. RUCRAYZE

RUCRAYZE Elio Addict

spell checker can be a curse.....
    You ain't cursed!!, but cruising @ 90 outstanding!!

5. Smitty901

Smitty901 Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    The sidecar tire limits me to 118 MPH for extended periods of time . I don't see that happening I have not over rode ECM that shuts Injectors down at 115 mph. Sad part everyone else has ridden in it but no one to give me a ride. I may have the HD service manager give me one in it . He has a lot of experience with a sidecar over his life time. Moved the other one over to my 750 Harley Street and it works great on that bike.

[​IMG]

xtspode likes this.
  6. wizard of ahs

wizard of ahs Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    SIL 18112
    Nice looking hacks :D

7. Terrimom40

Terrimom40 Elio Fan

Great color