1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Slime Tire Sealant

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jambe, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Jambe

Jambe Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    6100L, 9991L
    My JD riding lawn mower (D130) has crappy front tires. Have had several flats. Now I find at least three punctures from, guess what, puncture weeds. Instead of the usual plug I am thinking of using Slime.

Any advice?

These are tubeless tires and small (15 x 6). How much sealant should I use in each tire? Will it work to seal these miniature pin holes? Slime seems to be the brand that Walmart carries. Is there a better brand? TIA.

2. CheeseheadEarl

CheeseheadEarl Elio Addict

That's pretty much the ideal application for Slime. All 4 of my mower tires are Slimed.

I think the small (16 oz?) bottle is what you want in a tire that size, but check the chart on the side of the bottle to be sure.

Jambe likes this.
  3. Anderson Howard

Anderson Howard Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    My lawn had rosebushes and the rider mower tires had lots of stickers and about 3 ounces in the front and about 5 ounces in the back tire took care of most of the problem BUT the tire stores don't like to work on a slimed tire.

Jambe and Coss like this.
  4. Critter

Critter Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    I use slime from tractor supply, rated for off road use only. Small can for front , medium for back. Happy with the results.

Jambe and wizard of ahs like this.
  5. Coss

Coss Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Better slime than Fix-a-flat; Fix-a-Flat it's just take the tire off and replace it, no patching ever once it's been in there.
    Slime is what we used in the Antique Harley's, and they had tubes! The inside of the rim was brutal on tubes.

Jambe likes this.