• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Slowly Coming Around, Or What My Wife Said To Me

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice collection, I guess you are allowed to yell?!
BTW EM is looking for private investors, and perhaps judging from your toys, you might be in a position to invest-
If you do, remember it was I who gave you the lead, my only favor, ask 'em to put yellow as a color option. Thanks

MY CARS ARE MOSTLY BUILT FROM PROJECTS . I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY YOU SEEM TO THINK THAT I DO .
MAYBE IF I SOLD OFF THE CARS I COULD RAISE SOME CAPITAL BUT I HAVE FUN WORKING ON THEM
AND ESPECIALLY DRIVING THEM .

HERE IS THE CURRENT PROJECT , A 1959 MESSERSCHMITT TG-500 . MUCH MONEY SPENT & MUCH STILL TO GO .
DSC_1565.JPG

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
MY CARS ARE MOSTLY BUILT FROM PROJECTS . I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY YOU SEEM TO THINK THAT I DO .
MAYBE IF I SOLD OFF THE CARS I COULD RAISE SOME CAPITAL BUT I HAVE FUN WORKING ON THEM

HERE IS THE CURRENT PROJECT , A 1959 MESSERSCHMITT TG-500 . MUCH MONEY SPENT & MUCH STILL TO GO . View attachment 5232
A few years back I was hoping this Swedish version of the Messerchmitt might make it to production. I thought it would have been a cool little city autoscooter and the graphic personalized wrap concept was cool.

image.jpg
image.jpg

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score

HERE IS THE CURRENT PROJECT , A 1959 MESSERSCHMITT TG-500 . MUCH MONEY SPENT & MUCH STILL TO GO . View attachment 5232
thanks for sharing, guess you could look at them as I.R.A.'s I'm always impressed with someone with such talents and patients.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The wife doesn't share my passion for all things with motors and wheels. She seemed to tolerate my obsession with the elio when I succumbed a year ago but still went glassy eyed and in search of fabric whenever I waxed on about the elio to her or others.

At Christmas I gave her a $100 spot in line all in reservation and it was barely acknowledged. I figured, what the hey, I guess I'll have two elios to play with :)

Fast forward to this morning and she puts down her knitting needles and makes a point of getting my attention (sometimes thats hard but that is another story). She says to me in a very appreciative way that she is now looking forward to the elio and can't wait to have it. You see, her car is now 10 years old and she would like to replace it but the thought of spending $30,000+ on a replacement makes her ill. She really likes the price of the elio and the mileage and she is really starting to groove on hauling less vehicle around when she is the only one in it.

Now my only concern would be if for some reason EM doesn't actually get to production - that will be a cold stay on the couch.
Congratulations, Isn't it wonderful when we do something by default that actually is appreciated. Thanks for creating another Elio fan.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I HAVE TWO $1000 RESERVATIONS

WE HAVE TWO ISETTAs , FOUR MESSERSCHMITTS , A FREEWAY AND A GOLIATH TRUCK .View attachment 5231
MY WIFE SAT IN THE P-4 WHEN IT WAS IN RALEIGH AND SAID NO THANKS .

ODDBALL AND 3 WHEEL VEHICLES ARE A WAY OF LIFE AROUND HERE .
SHE SEEMS TO PREFER A DANGEROUSLY INCONSPICUOUS NORMAL CAR .

I GUESS I HAVE A YEAR OR SO TO COME UP WITH A PLAN B .

You DO have a nice collection....I too am a nut about "odd" vehicles :D

Top Bottom