• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

So Obvious ……...

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Joe

how time flies !

I am ALL IN !

so YOU can relate to what I am saying !

I STill have three Sparrows in Storage !

I LOVED the Sparrow and was truly sad when it failed.

I have watched all the different manifestations over the years, and no one was able to pull it off !

maybe, just maybe, now is the time ??

but with the "BIG BOYS" sitting out there just watching ..

I brought one Scorpion here to the Islands, great "TOY"

while the rest of the world putters around in smaller vehicles, spoiled Americans just stick their eyes in the sand ..

JUST IMAGINE …..

5 years from now 500,000 small vehicles on the roads, eliminating traffic jambs, reducing pollution, eliminating dependance on foreign oil !

I do NOT understand why someone like Boones does not just write a check to jump start this project ?? it would be pocket change for him, and with his convictions about Natural Gas and Wind, his would fit right into his beliefs !!

??
add- eliminating WAR- our last few have only been over protecting our access to oil ( oops maybe get yanked for too political ??)

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think about this silly little vehicle every day, and talk about it with fellow motorcycle enthusiasts here on Island ..

i have my ELIO bumper sticker on my bike I ride here every day

i think to myself, this is such an OBVIOUS SOLUTION to many of the problems facing the World right now ..

it is SUCH an obvious solution !!

so many people have tried (and failed) in the past 30 years, this is the right time for the right solution !!
Amen

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
guys

I was an

OWNER

INVESTOR

DEALER

I took out $100,000. home equity loan and invested in CorbinMotors

then another $20,000. for Motorcycle Dealer License for Sparrow

I used to drive around Vermont,

with my TRUCK

towing the solar paul trailer with Sparrow INSIDE

another vehicle pulled the billboard trailer

find a place to park

up went the solar panels

out rolled the Sparrow and plugged into solar panels (WITH a DC booster )

then one person drove around with the billboard

other person followed in the Sparrow

the Sparrow was AWESOME !!!

EXTREMELY FAST !!

13 batteries in SERIES 165 volts DC

8" DC Motor

problems

1. REAL range was 15 miles ( doing 40 miles would kill batteries quickly)

2. controllers were being hand made and burned up

3. no quality control

4. warranty …as a Dealer we were expected to fix cars with no training and no reimbursement ( I am VERY concerned that PEP BOYS is NOT up to the ability )
what if the first 500 Elio's are manufactured and there is no REAL warranty in place ????
what if the first 10,000 ?
what if the first 50,000 ??
i think EVERYONE deep down is convened about this fact …there are no "DEALERS" out there …the electric motorcycle ZERO has been sold thru BEST BUY for 5 years, finally they are getting a dealer network …how did THEY make it ??
personally I am happy to buy a vehicle with NO WARRANTY and assume I will fix it myself, but NOT EVERYONE will be happy with this !!

Corbin made 275 Sparrows before the Sheriff locked the doors (literally)

could ElioMotors have a fleet of vans driving around the Country fixing vehicles ??

I honestly do NOT believe there is any plan in place with PEP BOYS, I think that is just a sham to TEMPORARILY satisfy the issue, and they (Elio) are hoping to solve this issue down the road

just my opinion

and I am still perfectly happy to put down $6800. !

EZ,

I honestly don't believe that Paul Elio is naive enough to advertise Pep Boys as the service provider if it weren't valid.

I do believe that you should read and research the pedigrees and business acumen of the EM Board of Directors before making wild accusatory statements about the validity of EM's business model. EM will sell the Elio in Elio Stores for a host of sound business reasons.

I also believe that any association with Corbin is nothing to boast about, "the Sheriff locked the door", because apparently you weren't the one to invest and ride around with a snake oil wagon. Corbin was a classic sham and deceived the public right down to repainting of a number of vehicles to inflate production appearances. Sold near 40mil on hope come and slunk off into the night. Over1000 creditors filed a lien against them. Corbin pilfered what few workable design ideas they had, bilked a "fly by night" dealer/investor web and built a 14,000 dollar "Clown Car" with a 15 mile range @ 40mph.

A real engineering & business marvel!!

Nuff Said, :mad::mad::mad:

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While Corbin was futuristic, it was expensive, had terrible range, looked goofy, and did not have the infrastructure to back it up. Elio is cheap, and they are not using any new technology so they can be taken anywhere a regular car would go. The only thing holding it back right now is funding, and getting the engine finished up. There wasn't a big market for the Corbin, but the Elio applies to almost the entire used car market, and anyone in the market for a commuter car or extra car. Unless you lived across town from work, the Corbin was not practical. And we were in the roaring late 90s and early 00s, when people wanted trucks and SUVs.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have never had an issue with Pep Boys I know experiences vary. But its a rather basic vehicle Its not a Tesla or a Chevy Volt. I am sure the normal Pep Boys worker can fix it as its not that different than any other normal car. I personally wont be going to Pep Boys short of some warranty work. In general I will be doing all my own maintenance.

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I contacted the Corporate Offices of PEP BOYS this past week, told I would get a return phone call ..

waiting

I DO NOT WANT TO FIND ANYTHING WRONG !!

BUT, having been thru a similar situation 15 years ago, I have learned to look deeply into what is said over the internet ..it is VERY EASY to push that send button ..

I am ALL IN with a deposit !

like everyone else, I WANT THIS TO BE TRUE !

I RARELY use an automobile, maybe once a month ! But I think for my lifestyle this will be a winner situation. If the barge companies look at this as a "motorcycle" my fee to get to Saint Thomas shopping will be $20. (vs. $50. for a car) and I can get a month's groceries in the back

perfect

I remember at CorbinMotors when a gentleman came into the Business. He had designed an INCREDIBLE engine, and traded this technology for stock in Corbinmotors. This would be the savior, an ICE engine to put into the MERLIN three wheeled vehicle ..

it never ran !!!!!

repeat…

IT NEVER RAN !

it DID rotate by hand, but it never produced "POWER"

I go out and hop on my Yamaha TW200. The bike has been in production since 1987 !!!

1987 !

still in production today !

sorry, when I look at pictures of sand-casted parts not yet assembled on a dyno producing POWER, I am skeptical.

I WANT TO BE WRONG !!

the T-REX made in Canada has always used different motorcycle engines, they recently switched to the BMW 6-cylinder bike engine !

The new Polaris Slingshot is using the Ecotech engine ?

my three wheeled Grinnall kits use BMW engines.

I do NOT understand why PEP boys has not advertised ANYTHING on THEIR website ??

when ZERO electric bikes first went into production they were only sold through a BestBuy discount store, now they have "Dealers"

Elio CANNOT just start pumping out vehicles like tadpoles without a Dealer Network in place !!

Sure, I will be happy to change the oil and fix things, but when an electric window fails, or when an air bag deploys, or is the transmission fails …

what then ?

IS EVERYONE PREPARED TO DO THAT KIND OF WORK ?

on my "kit" vehicles I have to do everything, no choice ..

i read every word they put out, and I keep hoping and praying..why cannot someone with megafunding give them a jumpstart ?? If natural gas and wind turbines are one possible solution, why not a super-economical small vehicle ?? EVERY DAY MILLIONS OF PEOPLE SIT IN TRAFFIC JAMBS GOING TO WORK ! one person in a two-ton vehicle ..

one possible solution is obvious (and FUN )

Happy Sunday Morning !

calmmm.jpg

JCar

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
i read every word they put out, and I keep hoping and praying..why cannot someone with megafunding give them a jumpstart ?? If natural gas and wind turbines are one possible solution, why not a super-economical small vehicle ?? EVERY DAY MILLIONS OF PEOPLE SIT IN TRAFFIC JAMBS GOING TO WORK ! one person in a two-ton vehicle ..

Wind turbines of the large, industrial kind are actually doing great harm to nature's scenery, wildlife and human sanity (noise). If their intermittent output could be negated by more conservation the Earth would be a lot less ugly down the road. I don't understand why the environmental camp has decided to forsake so many landscapes for those ungainly, fossil-fuel-built machines. They are too obsessed with carbon as the only issue.

Millions of people also waste a bunch of fuel just idling in place for no reason except minor conveniences, or even just to charge phones. Most Americans barely register the need to conserve fuel until it gets too costly not to.

http://www.anl.gov/energy-systems/project/reducing-vehicle-idling

airforceguy6

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Completely disagree with "doing great harm to nature's scenery, wildlife and human sanity..." Scenery is a lot less affected along with wildlife, and noise is nothing compared to full scale power plants. I live it Germany currently and previously California and Texas, all where wind has succeeded well. Wind power has huge advantages over conventional natural gas, coal and other fossil fuel types. Germany and other countries have actually had to shutdown the generators because they were generating more than the system could take from wind and solar. They arent perfect and dont work in all regions, but leaps and bounds better than relying on continued burning of resources.

http://www.geek.com/news/germany-produced-so-much-renewable-energy-it-paid-people-to-use-it-1654913/

Top Bottom