• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

So, What If...a Worst Case Scenario...

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Johnapool;
If you go the LINK below my name, you can read the COMPLETE story. Lots of reading so you probably will start at the last page and read backwards.(52 pages IIRR)
I got 334K on the first engine. Installed a used engine with 140K and now have over 20K on that engine. The LMPG of the used engine installed was the same as the engine I replaced.

Have fun
Willie

Last edited:

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Johnapool;
If you go the LINK below my name, you can read the COMPLETE story. Lots of reading so you probably will start at the last page and read backwards.
I got 334K on the first engine. Installed a used engine with 140K and now have over 20K on that engine. The LMPG of the used engine installed was the same as the engine I replaced.

Have fun
Willie
Wow, Willie, reading your story makes me realize what a dummy I am! What an amazing story, with amazing results. It seems the stress of producing the extra hp with the turbo did not shorten the life of the engine, and that producing all that hp didn't really increase fuel consumption very much.
I doubt I'll ever go that far myself. However, if you are getting older than me and looking for an heir for the little Red Rocket.......
I am posting the link to the entire article with pictures for the other forum members to see.
http://www.seattleeva.org/wiki/User:Rjf/Willies_Red_Rocket

Thanks a lot for posting this!
John

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment, but your "link" was the second one in my signature at ICN. The real BOOK is the first one. IIRR.
The first one is the "HISTORY."

Willie

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
In my years as a mechanic what shortens the life of an engine with a turbo is not paying attention to the full lubrication system.
A turbo runs very hot, and if the bearings do not have the proper oiling; goodbye motor.
The other thing that can shorten the life of the motor is the waste gate and ignition.
With the way WW documented (that documentation was Very impressive) the Rocket I'm sure he can attest to those items.

Top Bottom