• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

So You Think The Elio Has Prototyping Issues...

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ugly little thing, isn't it? :p But I suppose it doesn't help that I'm biased towards gyroplanes over fixed-wing aircraft.

But I think a successful flying car/motorcycle would need something like a Fan Wing or Rotary Wing, something that combines the thrust and lift surfaces into a single unit, but at lower operating cost and complexity than a helicopter.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ugly little thing, isn't it? :p But I suppose it doesn't help that I'm biased towards gyroplanes over fixed-wing aircraft.

But I think a successful flying car/motorcycle would need something like a Fan Wing or Rotary Wing, something that combines the thrust and lift surfaces into a single unit, but at lower operating cost and complexity than a helicopter.

I want "Little Nellie".
But I don't think the FAA or DHS will let me have the appropriate ordinance to bring it to spec.
(Reference -- You Only Live Twice)

Last edited:

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very cool but base price $75,000 might not attract too many right away.
That base pricing is actually a bargain when you look at the cost of buying even a small airplane. The Cirrus 20 is around $360,000. I view the Switchblade as closer to the ICON A5, which is base price at $200,000. And of course, personal jets are a tad more.

I've written the company -- as soon as they have the aircraft running and certified, they're going to release a non-flying version, strictly autocycle ground-based.

Top Bottom