• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Something Is Coming....

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Guess this one turned out to be a dry well.

Hopefully some big investor that seen Paul at the Gateway Conference is in the process of transferring the 180 million over so we can enjoy our rides.

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Received this email from StartEngine tonight indicating a drop in the minimum thresholds required for eligibility to be awarded any contest prizes --

"
Our entire team at StartEngine is dedicated to democratizing access to capital, however, we need your help. We need your time and your community to participate in our investor referral contest. Every single person counts. The big prize is up to $40,000 and an Elio Motors Vehicle. Our goal is to grow the investor community and hopefully, help one of you.

Since the launch, a few days ago, we already have a race. Take a look at the leaderboard below:

#1 - Chad N.
#2 - Matt D.
#3 - Bob L.
#4 - Harrison V.
#5 - Seyed M.

Our community has responded with a loud and resounding support for our contest and we want to thank all of you for the commitment and effort.

Several investors noted that the minimum threshold for winning was too high. We thought about it and agreed. We decided to lower the minimum to 5,000 referrals for the $20,000 + Elio Motors Vehicle prize. If you get 20,000 sign ups, you will win $40,000 and the Elio.

Amanda Carmichael who runs our Company Services has a lot of experience in helping companies reach out and find investors. She is applying her talent and knowledge for this contest and to help you win. I highly recommend you read her first blog post.

With gratitude, #NeverQuit

Howard Marks

Co-Founder and Executive Chairman
Read my blog at Raising The Entrepreneurial Boom.
"

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep. I knew it.
We're broke again.

They said, "Our goal is to grow the investor community and hopefully, help one of you."
Actually, more people investing in the Elio should help all of us get closer to getting our Elio... I hope.

Last edited:

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Except that there is not a current or anticipated Regulation A+ crowdfunding campaign for Elio Motors pending. Any future investors that sign up with StartEngine just stand to grow their email list serv and stand to potentially invest in future public offerings.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm. So the "We're not done with this vehicle yet..." statement was a shameful blatant misrepresentation.

Now I understand why there's so much resentment and angst in response to this nonsense.
OK, then. (Deep Breath)... Sign me up on the "No, I'm not liking this at all" side of the page.

And thank you citizens for your co-operation.

Last edited:

DeltaMike

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I never believed and still do not believe that this SE message had anything to do with PE or EM. The reference to 'vehicle' was to SE -- not The Elio or any motor vehicle. I believe the connection (beyond the prize) was an unfortunate but understandable leap beyond logic.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can believe that it wasn't Paul who sent the emails. But that's where I get off of the train.
I also believe that EM knew what Start Engine was going to do. If not, EM should be right down their throat.

So you're also telling us that you believe that Start Engine is not collectively intelligent enough...
To realize that they were perpetrating an "understandable leap beyond logic"?

Instead of purposely alarming us with a vague little play on words and a phrase?
Yeah, that was totally innocent right?
Sorry, not buying it.

And another thing...
Wouldn't almost anyone have to spam people in order to get the 5,000 sign-ups to even qualify?
"Yeah man, I just emailed 10,000 of my closest and dearest friends. They like me so much, that I might get 5,000 of them to sign up."

The initial email was titled, "Elio Fans, Something Is Coming!"
The content of that email was, "We are not done with this vehicle just yet 9/27 Mark your calendar."

And you believe they intended the word "vehicle" in that email to mean Start Engine itself.
As in "Start Engine is a vehicle which enables investors to invest in new start-ups.". Right?

Yep. Sure. Uhuh. OK.

Last edited:

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I got spammed by SE again this morning despite having unsubscribed 3 times. I followed with an additional email to the contact address this morning to tell SE to stop spamming me and hopefully that will get the message across.

My issue with SE is that by continuing to spam people that have unsubscribed simply because SE has their names from a previous campaign is where SE has breached their contract and has elevated them to a company that I will never do business with again. Unfortunately, this type of shady business practices will reflect on the good companies like EM that might actually need SE's services.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The requirement for that many new accounts is practically guaranteed to do one of two things:
1) The only possible winner will be someone with an already gigantic following via some blog or combination of internet content delivery systems (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, etc.)
2) Lots, and lots, and lots of fraudulent referrals. I'd imagine some script kiddies could whip out a botnet created 20,000 accounts in a few days. for a $40,000 payoff and potential for a free vehicle, that's some pretty good incentive.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I can believe that it wasn't Paul who sent the emails. But that's where I get off of the train.
I also believe that EM knew what Start Engine was going to do. If not, EM should be right down their throat.
............<snipped>....
Why? It doesn't say it's doing this for EM; they're just giving away an Elio (when built); who's to say that's not one of theirs? They could have reservations in as part of the original deal; and if you have a car, of your own, and you want to give it away as a prize; the manufacturer has nothing to say about it.
And as you pointed out; if doesn't say "Elio sponsored" it was just sent out to a mailing list they've built from a past campaign for Elio Motors.

Top Bottom