• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Space In The Hood

DailyLunatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
K,
One of the things I was wanting to do to spice up my Elio was to replace the stock horn with a 'Horntones' horn.
Horntones.com (or at least something like)

What is the group's thoughts on space under the hood? Think it will fit?

-sterling

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMG_6884.JPG

Looks roomy enough to me.

Build it RIGHT!

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
View attachment 11579
Looks roomy enough to me.

If that box slightly to rear of left engine/trans mount isn't the airbox, where is the airbox's final resting place? That's bound to fill up engine compartment some more.

Where is the turbo/ supercharger along with it's piping going?
PS: Where do you get that pic, do you have more.. and is this pic of E-Series?

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Where is the airbox's final resting place? That's bound to fill up engine compartment some more.

Where is the turbo/ supercharger along with it's piping going?
PS: Where do you get that pic, do you have more.. and is this pic of E-Series?
That's a P5 picture; the air cleaner is installed in that picture, you can see it under the left headlight, it's one of those cone shaped, high performance air filters.
As for a turbo; the turbo for this size engine it could be the size of the ones they use on the 1100 Superbikes that have turbos; just a little thing.
This is only a .9 liter motor

There are a bunch of under the hood, and engine on the stand pictures here on the site, just do a Search for: Engine, Motor, driveline, under hood and you should get a bunch of results.
If I put up my collection; it would take the next 5 or 6 pages.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
K,
One of the things I was wanting to do to spice up my Elio was to replace the stock horn with a 'Horntones' horn.
Horntones.com (or at least something like)

What is the group's thoughts on space under the hood? Think it will fit?

-sterling
I do not expect much space under the hood with the reduced cross section.

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's a P5 picture; the air cleaner is installed in that picture, you can see it under the left headlight, it's one of those cone shaped, high performance air filters.
As for a turbo; the turbo for this size engine it could be the size of the ones they use on the 1100 Superbikes that have turbos; just a little thing.

There are a bunch of under the hood, and engine on the stand pictures here on the site, just do a Search for: Engine, Motor, driveline, under hood and you should get a bunch of results.

My current car has a 1l 3cyl turbo charged engine. It is actually 999cc. It makes 125hp and 148 ft-lbs of torque. The engine is about the size of a piece of paper.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score

The pic I posted was from the E-1A when it was revealed recently. You can tell from the white paint job.

Last edited:
Top Bottom