• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Spare Parts - How And Where?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that is exactly the type of parts I am referring to in this thread.

The rear swing arm for example is not likely to be found on some other vehicle.

Also some of the front suspension items may not be off the shelf.

If someone hits the rear end or a front corner of an Elio,
it will likely need some parts that are not off the shelf at my local Auto Parts.

Do order them online and wait?
Do I need to find one of the few Elio stores.
Do I go to Pep Boys.
Where do I find the parts catalog so I can get a part number.

All simple questions. Perhaps someone from Elio might let us know if they have a plan.

This is a very good question and is likely something you would have to contact EM directly about and/or one of our members may be able to ask about at a future tour event.

This is an issue that all car manufacturers face with new vehicles and is generally handled via dealerships. As EM will not have dealerships I am sure they will have a way to handle this issue directly with them and they will likely have an inventory of replacement parts just for this purpose. As EM is full of auto industry people it would not surprise me at all if they do have a plan dealing with this issue.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How does Tesla handle it? Their plan seems to be working just fine without Tesla parts centers and body panel stores. As for the "Any shop can repair" minor accidents I still fear this as the most troublesome aspect of the Elio. Since the total body steel frame is also the bumper front and rear I foresee many non repairable Elios in short order from very minor fender benders. A Twisted 3 wheeler is not an option for the road nor will an insurance company grant it as safe. Especially since all of the body panels glued to the frame will now be compromised. I so look forward to the affordable car aspect of Elio I just hope it does not prove to be a disposable vehicle for this reason.
Tesla has about 60 service centers in key markets across the country. EM is apprently following the Tesla Sales model with small botique showrooms. EM will not be following Tesla Motors servicing excellence model. Tesla is in direct control of it's service centers..........no servicing partner/middleman for customers to deal with.

The official PepBoys Service provider is the logical source for all off the shelf genuine Elio parts either stocked or overnight express delivered from the factory.

Body shops should be able to order replacement body panels/parts directly from EM. Interesting to see if EM will sell parts direct to customers thru the Elio store locations.

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
(Edited)....Interesting to see if EM will sell parts direct to customers thru the Elio store locations.

Once the distribution centers throughout the country are up and running EM could very well use these for replacement parts distribution as well. EM could even place parts for delivery into some of the vehicles being dropped off by the trucks at the retail stores anyhow. This would be an easy way to distribute ordered parts to the retail stores with virtually no extra cost to EM.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Once the distribution centers throughout the country are up and running EM could very well use these for replacement parts distribution as well. EM could even place parts for delivery into some of the vehicles being dropped off by the trucks at the retail stores anyhow. This would be an easy way to distribute ordered parts to the retail stores with virtually no extra cost to EM.

Goof, That makes sence. 'Do you Recon' they might set up repair/repacement parts delivery points to/near places like, The Dragon, the Needles Hiway, BearTooth Pass, Rabbit Ears Pass, or The Aligator Alley/etc?? These places would be the most likely places, for me, in need of Quick replacement parts to get us home from an Adventure.
After Many runs on the Dragon, I have not found the need to hang any part, of the Harley nor Wing, on the, 'Tree Of Shame' at the Dragon. Just Lucky, I guess, with some on the runs I've made, both North and South.
Any bets on Who will be the first to hang an Elio part on the 'Tree Of Shame'??lol
I'm Sure I'll have as many opportunitys as Anyone.lol

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes that made sense to me, but my hestitation was.....is EM going to support their PepBoys partner by making them the exclusive service & PARTS disributor rather than selling customer direct. I think they may have the tendency to support the partners. It will be interesting to watch for those detail announcements after production roll out. Perhaps PepBoys is a servicing partner only, but parts and service are just to connected.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Goof, That makes sence. 'Do you Recon' they might set up repair/repacement parts delivery points to/near places like, The Dragon, the Needles Hiway, BearTooth Pass, Rabbit Ears Pass, or The Aligator Alley/etc?? These places would be the most likely places, for me, in need of Quick replacement parts to get us home from an Adventure.
After Many runs on the Dragon, I have not found the need to hang any part, of the Harley nor Wing, on the, 'Tree Of Shame' at the Dragon. Just Lucky, I guess, with some on the runs I've made, both North and South.
Any bets on Who will be the first to hang an Elio part on the 'Tree Of Shame'??lol
I'm Sure I'll have as many opportunitys as Anyone.lol
Since I've never been on The Dragon...........I bet it will either be me or Zelio hanging that first Elio part in a planned Dragon Race. I may need some support talking her into the idea.

Top Bottom