• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sparrow Motors - Sparrow 2

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sparrow Motors. It seems there is development of a Sparrow 2.
[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]
I think it needs a gas engine and it would be cool. Perhaps a two cylinder front wheel drive.
Maybe, "cute," but let's "boil the pot down," skim the extras off and throw ALL of our support in ONE direction: to the development, marketing, and advancement of the Elio!

Too many fish in the pond, at the same time tends to suck the oxygen from the water and either they all die, or they all do very poorly. :eek:

Reactions: DWR

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe, "cute," but let's "boil the pot down," skim the extras off and throw ALL of our support in ONE direction: to the development, marketing, and advancement of the Elio!

Too many fish in the pond, at the same time tends to suck the oxygen from the water and either they all die, or they all do very poorly. :eek:

perhaps, the competition is not an all or nothing position. I'm betting on the elio, but the advancement of fuel saving vehicles, will not be completed with the production of the Elio- using another analogy - cream rises to the top. I too am rooting for the Elio, but when a new car ( in the future)will get 100mpg, 120mph, at $5,000 the Elio's time will pass- I remember (I'm that old) when they said the 4 min mile could never be accomplished And maybe not in my lifetime a sub 2hr marathon will be run.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sparrow Motors. It seems there is development of a Sparrow 2.
[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]
I think it needs a gas engine and it would be cool. Perhaps a two cylinder front wheel drive.
I don't think so, just checked their site and the last news post was late 2012. There was mention of crowd funding but no date as to when this happened. Problem is its electric, with all the problems with lithium batteries catching fire, I don't want that in my garage.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
perhaps, the competition is not an all or nothing position. I'm betting on the elio, but the advancement of fuel saving vehicles, will not be completed with the production of the Elio- using another analogy - cream rises to the top. I too am rooting for the Elio, but when a new car ( in the future)will get 100mpg, 120mph, at $5,000 the Elio's time will pass- I remember (I'm that old) when they said the 4 min mile could never be accomplished And maybe not in my lifetime a sub 2hr marathon will be run.
??? I don't see how people ever thought the 4min mile was impossible. Dimitri and I both beat the 4min mile at a track meet in 10th grade and we weren't even people put olympic levels of training in, we just raced weekly during our gym period and eventually reached 3:58.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
??? I don't see how people ever thought the 4min mile was impossible. Dimitri and I both beat the 4min mile at a track meet in 10th grade and we weren't even people put olympic levels of training in, we just raced weekly during our gym period and eventually reached 3:58.
I was VERY happy when I made the 5min mile when I was 23. wow! And even so very few people believe I ever did that 5!

Last edited:

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
It's not hard running fast enough to do a 4min mile if you keep up the pace, but most people simply can't sustain. My father and grandfather both did long distance running during their school years and won many state championships, so I had that genetic advantage built in. Dimitri and I weren't even trying to break 4min that day, were were just damned if we were going to let the other guy finish first and kept ramping it up.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Roger bannister-
SOOOO silly google Roger Bannister- first sub 4 min mile May 6, 1954!!!!

Top Bottom