• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Spelling, Or "speling"

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Isn't that, "you are too stupid to decipher"? ;) http://grammarist.com/usage/to-too/

You would be correct. It is an example and not my spelling or grammar.

I was using a post by another member and as you can read below…

"Ok again you are to stupid to decifer.. Back in the early 40's (and at the time) a caring leader went to Porche, asked them to deveolpe a car at a price that all germans could afford to drive..they did, it was the vw bug , ..SOON AFTER HE WENT NUTS AFTER REALIZING HIS POWER THEN DECIDED TO RULE THE WORLD...AGAIN ASSHOLE, I SAID JUST AS ANYONE WHO KNOWS HISTORY WILL TELL YOU HITLER BEGAN AS A DO-GOODER..I DID NOT PRAISE HITLER, HE TURNED INTO A TERRIBLE PERSON, I ONLY MENTIONED HOW THE VOLKSWAGON BECAME A CAR.. Where do I get this stuff you asked,, History.. Now would you like to hear why BMW is not allowed to make airplanes or the story behind Bavarian Motor Works?"

Sometimes what I believe is obvious, is a complete mystery to others.

Thank you.

Elynde

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Ok again you are to stupid to decifer.. Back in the early 40's (and at the time) a caring leader went to Porche, asked them to deveolpe a car at a price that all germans could afford to drive..they did, it was the vw bug , ..SOON AFTER HE WENT NUTS AFTER REALIZING HIS POWER THEN DECIDED TO RULE THE WORLD...AGAIN ASSHOLE, I SAID JUST AS ANYONE WHO KNOWS HISTORY WILL TELL YOU HITLER BEGAN AS A DO-GOODER..I DID NOT PRAISE HITLER, HE TURNED INTO A TERRIBLE PERSON, I ONLY MENTIONED HOW THE VOLKSWAGON BECAME A CAR.. Where do I get this stuff you asked,, History.. Now would you like to hear why BMW is not allowed to make airplanes or the story behind Bavarian Motor Works?"
Well, that is a kind and loving post you quoted there. **dripping sarcasm** I certainly hope the apparent disagreement there got sorted out. If only Hitler had been accepted to art school.... As to this thread's posting though, I do agree. Grammar and spelling do have an impact on people's perception of intelligence and, therefore, their willingness to listen to an opinion.

Side note: I only posted a grammar correction on your thread here because it was about spelling and grammar. If it was a normal posting, I wouldn't have said a word about the error.

Last edited:

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, that is a kind and loving post you quoted there. **dripping sarcasm** I certainly hope the apparent disagreement there got sorted out. If only Hitler had been accepted to art school.... As to this thread's posting though, I do agree. Grammar and spelling do have an impact on people's perception of intelligence and, therefore, their willingness to listen to an opinion.

Side note: I only posted a grammar correction on your thread here because it was about spelling and grammar. If it was a normal posting, I wouldn't have said a word to about the error.

Once again it wasn't my post/comment. It was by a self professed, highly educated member.

I am always willing to learn.

Thank you for your participation and learned comments.

Regards

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WHo cares. I'm educated but not a great speller. Doesn't bother me. I also know quite a few people that are very intelligent but not as educated. That doesn't make them any less smart. Spelling police annoy me.

I suppose ignorance in a very loose forum is acceptable. In your job is it acceptable?
Ignorance in the above sentence is in reference to spelling and not your intelligence, real or perceived.

Top Bottom