• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sports Car Guys Interview With Paul

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
FYI, the Aisin test track is the Fowlerville Proving Ground in Fowlerville, MI.

test-tracks-arial1.jpg

http://www.ftt-a.com/
Very cool track; I love that giant skid pad

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So now we're officially in to 2017 for delivery... :(:rolleyes:
Yes. We have been since the announcement of the 100 fleet sales vehicles. Now how far into 2017 is another matter. They are now facing factory payments, so they have an incentive to get past conceptualization and into production as soon as possible. The thing they are trying to do is to make the early customers happy so word of mouth sales explode.

I expect my Elio no earlier than 2018. I'm about 51,000 in line now and will probably get pushed back substantially as all-in at higher levels keep pushing me back.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul stated that they left space for it. Shouldn't be a huge deal to integrate after the fact. Hopefully, this will be on the options wish list even if it doesn't make it on the initial builds.
That would be cool! But can the current 3 cylinder handle a turbo with what ever compression ratio it has or would they have to build a different engine to handle the boost of a turbo? If they offer it I will seriously consider it.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That would be cool! But can the current 3 cylinder handle a turbo with what ever compression ratio it has or would they have to build a different engine to handle the boost of a turbo? If they offer it I will seriously consider it.
Same engine, lower compression, I am sure they would use different pistons at least.

Top Bottom