• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

State Inspection Sticker

krabblegg

Elio Fan
Reaction score
As I was contemplating the ownership and maintenance of my Elio, I wondered where the State safety inspection sticker would be placed. If it is a MC sticker the adhesive is on the reverse side and the sticker is placed on the left front fork of the MC. On a car the adhesive is on the front face of the sticker and it goes on the left inside of the windshield. Maybe as an Autocycle it will take an auto sticker. Like all issues with Elio, time will tell.

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Guess I'm lucky enough to not worry about state inspection here in Nebraska. My guess is that most places will use the auto sticker and put it on the windshield, but like you said time will tell.

Tomg3rd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here in Texas they just changed to one sticker only. Just the registration sticker now. But will it be on the rear plate like a motorcycle or front windshield like a car? Guessing the rear plate...

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
not too long ago NC did away with inspection stickers .... you have to get your rig inspected within 90 days of the license plate's expiration date .... they feed the results into a computer and when you go to renew your tag they check to make sure it has been inspected ....if not, no tag

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
GA is similar to NC. For many years now any required inspections must be completed prior to tag renewal which is due on or before your birthday. When you renew your tag you receive a sticker which goes on your license plate no matter what kind of vehicle the plate is on.

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Our UK vehicle tax discs, which used to be compulsarily displayed in the windscreen, have recently been discontinued. Everything is now on a computer database and big brother relies on ANPR cameras to catch out those who haven't paid their dues. Same with the MOT (vehicle annual road worthiness test). We used to get a proper certificate, now it goes on a database and all the owner gets is a cheap computer print out. We get a reminder about the tax, but it appears not for the MOT test. Trouble with that is that if your MOT is not current, your insurance is deemed invalid. If the police discover that the car is being driven without insurance, they impound it.

Once there are enough laws, we all become criminals.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well you-all here in S Florida there ain't no inspections!!, and if our E is registered as a bike, HOV lanes are open to M.C w/wo a passenger - HOV lanes for folks who live far far away from the main roads- High occupancy vehicles, or hybrids w/ $5.00 sticker w/ just driver (two on a john deere doesn't work) lol

Top Bottom