• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sticker

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I noticed that the thread title is Sticker and not Bumper Sticker--because, I guess, the Elio does not have bumpers.
I am concerned about the lack of bumpers. I know newer cars just have plastic bumpers--not like the old days when chrome bumpers were standard. But looking at the P4, I wonder what sort of impact the front and rear will be able to take before expensive repairs will be required. Is anyone here informed on this subject?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I noticed that the thread title is Sticker and not Bumper Sticker--because, I guess, the Elio does not have bumpers.
I am concerned about the lack of bumpers. I know newer cars just have plastic bumpers--not like the old days when chrome bumpers were standard. But looking at the P4, I wonder what sort of impact the front and rear will be able to take before expensive repairs will be required. Is anyone here informed on this subject?
We will certainly see that impact damage when they begin Crash Testing vehicles. No bumpers having no real function on a motorcycle.........keeps the cost lower.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Good morning Jambe. Not an expert in any of that, but seems to me that if the crash of the "bumper less" Elio were to even take out the ENTIRE CAR, you still wouldn't be out as much as a "5 mph crash" with one of the cars you see on the roads today.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

This is a good question. The Elio vehicle actually has metal frame hoops in the front and the rear which are there to absorb a fair amount of force before you start getting into the crumble zones. These are supposed to minimize the damage from normal low speed impacts normally absorbed by car bumpers.

2-dsc07967.jpg
1-dsc07968.jpg

frontal_impact_animation_3_small.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom