• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Survey Said.....

how many options were offered by the survey to determine how much you would pay for A T

Votes: 10 34.5%

Votes: 1 3.4%

Votes: 17 58.6%

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like I said, you can always get the desired results depending on how you word the survey.

If you say yes to the first offer, you never know about any lesser offers.

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I kind of have a problem with this, Please tell me if I got this wrong...

I got two offers $1,500 and $1,200 and nothing else, no room for comments...

If I am going to pay a extra $1,200 for a Automatic, how much are they going to give me in credit for the manual transmission they are not using in my Elio...

For $6,800 it comes with a manual ... and if I want a Automatic I have to pay more... So how much is the manual Transmission worth? I think I should get a credit or rebate for the manual, because the cost of the manual is included in the $6800 price...

The survey also stated that most Automatic sell for about $1,200 - $1,500 no idea if that is true.... looks like fishing for money to me...

I believe, I should only have to pay for the difference in cost, of the Manual and Automatic...

For example: if the Manual costs $600 and the Automatic costs $1,200... my costs should only be the $600 difference.

Or for the $1,200 do I get the manual transmission in a box ready to go, as spare transmission for my Elio...

Not really happy about this one...

Proud to be... member 2225Z of the Elio Nation see ya on the road...

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Proud, the cost of the automatic option is already based on the difference in cost between the manual and automatic. A rough ballpark estimate for the manual is probably something like $1700 and the automatic is maybe $2500 ($800 difference in cost and carrying the same ~15% profit, gives $950-$1000 for the delta option cost). The reason you can pay less than that to replace a transmission when it breaks is because you're trading in the value of the existing transmission or it's a used/refurbished unit.

If they go for a more complicated automatic (dual clutch AMT or CVT) that cost delta will almost certainly increase relative to the originally proposed single clutch AMT.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, On the last option, I clicked "other" and an explanation window came up. I hope they take the time to read it.
So far you're the only one that has received space to write comments.
Mine was: 1) What do you drive now 2) if it was $1,500, what would you pick 3) if it was $1,200 what would you pick and last 4) if it was $1,000 what would you pick nothing more after that, no choice for "other" it was either Auto or Manual.

Top Bottom