• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Suzuki Sx4, Any Thoughts?

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My regal is bout had it, looks like a trans is in order and I am not spending that on it as it has electrical issues anyway. SO, fellow I work with is selling a SX4 AWD hatchback and I'm thinking it may be worth picking up to "get be thru" till 2016. Daughter likes it so might move "down the line" when I get my black manual Elio :)
Any body had one/got one ? He says his wife gets 26MPG, not so hot but way better than my farm truck!

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you don't need 4 seats (and you must not if you're getting an Elio :D) consider a gen 1 Honda Insight. They are undervalued right now due to cheap gas and short-sighted consumorons. $3000-7000 depending on age, trans, mileage, and condition. Their value will skyrocket again next time gas hits $4/gallon. Meanwhile they are very well made (built on the same assembly line at the same time as the NSX), all-aluminum, all the foibles are well-understood, and there is a well-developed community supporting them. Oh, and you'll get 50-70 real-world MPG. I bought a 150k mile 2005 CVT for $3000 last Summer and I'm getting 60 MPG.

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it's an ok vehicle with terrible resale value.

Thats the main reason I'm interested :)

If you don't need 4 seats (and you must not if you're getting an Elio :D) consider a gen 1 Honda Insight. They are undervalued right now due to cheap gas and short-sighted consumorons. $3000-7000 depending on age, trans, mileage, and condition. Their value will skyrocket again next time gas hits $4/gallon. Meanwhile they are very well made (built on the same assembly line at the same time as the NSX), all-aluminum, all the foibles are well-understood, and there is a well-developed community supporting them. Oh, and you'll get 50-70 real-world MPG. I bought a 150k mile 2005 CVT for $3000 last Summer and I'm getting 60 MPG.

Humm that worked ok.... Oh, I am seriously considering the Insight also, had a long discussion with an owner in Fla last weekend. He loves his also. Problem is I live in the country and our roads are ..uh.. kinda rough. Based on his experience I am a little worried about that , any insight (hehe) on that issue? Main problem is I don't see any for sale round here, but 3K sounds right down my ally!

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What year is the Suzuki ?

2006-2009 1,586 cc AWD Manufacturer claims 38 MPG
2010-2013 1,995 cc AWD 32 MPG

Keep in mind that Suzuki is no longer sold in the USA . Parts "may" become increasingly difficult to find .

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Suk is 2006, have to look up the detail specs. Thing about the SX4 is I get it for dealer tradin value, about 2/3 of the retail price. And yes I already know I'm cheap :)
thanks W.Willie, got some reading to do. That insight is really interesting, closest thing to Elio I know of!

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[...]Problem is I live in the country and our roads are ..uh.. kinda rough. Based on his experience I am a little worried about that , any insight (hehe) on that issue? Main problem is I don't see any for sale round here, but 3K sounds right down my ally!
I live on a tar and chip (chipseal) road out in the country and my commute is mainly secondary and tertiary country roads. No issues. We have a guy up in PA who does several miles of his 90 mile/day commute on gravel roads IIRC. (Willie can correct me on that one.) It's not like riding in a Bentley, but it's tolerable.

Top Bottom