• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Test Drive / Ride And Drive Events

where can I test drive?

• answer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • advice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi Craig; I don't know about the guy asking the dumb question but I truly wish we had some way to detect all those in a traffic pattern involved in any way with a cell phone of any other device not contributing to the driver's driving awareness. I'm working on a unidirectional emf pulse generator just powerful enough to reach a couple of blocks or so. LOL
For the electronically challenged ; EMF stands for electro motive force better known as voltage and the short name for my device is "Pulse Generator" and the unidirectional is pure antenna wave propagation theory.
Spent 20 years in the Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Defense field. Know a little about EMP.
Your idea could work. To bad about that guy with the pace maker.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Can't we all just get along"...

Like I stated in another thread: although I (and many others here) prefer to be kool aid drinking optimists, we do so with an open mind, and I encourage you to stick around and contribute your thoughts and concerns on this forum.
I also hope you hang around. I know how difficult it was for me to have my older son drive my brand new Toyota Tercel Station Wagon when he was 18 even though he was a careful and thoughtful driver. Now at 46, he is the one who introduced me to the Elio. As anyone on here will tell you, I am definitely a kool aid drinking optimist and I say so with the caveat that I am totally biased and totally not the least bit humble in my opinions. :-) Z

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Spent 20 years in the Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Defense field. No a little about EMP.
Your idea could work. To bad about that guy with the pace maker.:rolleyes:
That was really directed to the other guy. The real version of this weapon is the only thing that keeps up at night. You kinda deep sixed my idea with pacemaker flaw in my theory.
PS I like to think those of us here are so safety conscious that we should qualify as the 6th safety rated star for the Elio.

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Probably for the same reasons as you. I bought it because it looks like a blast to drive for primarily ME and maybe my wife. I also love the concept and want to support an American auto company trying to succeed again. The high mpg and price is nice but is down the list. I didn't realize I had to ask you or the board for permission to spend my own money. If you had a 17 year old son that you recognize is a crappy driver at this stage of his life would you put him in a car like this? Last year I had a PRO4X 6-speed Xterra and it was obvious from teaching him it was too much car for him at this stage - so I sold it and bought a better car for him to learn on. Earlier on this thread I described this car as dangerous which was a poor choice of words. It would have been better to say it was not as safe as a regular car.

Not sure why you unleashed the snarky NASA rocket scientist comment though - but it did make me laugh.

It seems even those of us that are all in here have to be 100 percent drinking the Elio kool aid around here or they will be run out by the fanatics. We sure can't say anything that can be construed to criticize EM even if I like the car... I don't ever drink the kool aid and prefer to do my own thinking, thank you . It is pretty obvious that I need to stop posting here.

Yeah, unfortunately the die-hards are often defensive and thin-skinned. Any criticisms or concerns are met with (I imagine) drunken fist-shaking rants about how the "trolls" must be "paid automotive workers from the majors". You'd think they are building the dang car themselves! LOL!!

Heh, I work in medical devices which is more regulated than autos in design and development, but if you believed some of these diehards, I get my paycheck cut from Ford, or Chevy or **gasp** Obama (love me some of these club nutter butters here, lol).

Reactions: CJ

Brent Geery

Elio Fan
Reaction score
head-up-ass1.png

I need the Elio.

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would drive quite a ways to drive the finished product. I really am not into proto types that give you some what of an idea of how things might be. But the actual car -ya
MK

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would 'think' that as some of the "E" Series vehicles finish their 'testing' (the ones NOT being crash tested).... they will be able to enter the "ELIO TOUR", and extra time can be scheduled at the different locations, especially for those that already have RESERVATIONS. These "E" vehicles can also be DRIVEN between locations (instead of 'trailered'). Seems like the most 'cost effective' and convenient for the reservation holders. "Elio Stores", may not even be OPENED until after production begins, and they would need to have 120 vehicles (standard and AMT) to cover them all.

They will be letting people test drive after they have produced the next round of show/test vehicles.

E-mail I received yesterday.

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)
Jul 08 16:06
Hey Future Elio owner!
Power steering is not a necessary feature in this vehicle because of how well it drives as a front-wheeled drive vehicle, with most of the weight in the front of the vehicle. Two people sitting in tandem inside further mute the need to add in power steering, and this is one cost less to worry about us having to wrap into the current base price of $6800! You will be able to see first hand how tight the driving experience is when you test drive the vehicle early next year during our ride and drive series OR at a location near you once we go into production next year. Thanks for vocalizing your concerns and we look forward to meeting you in the near future!
Best,
The Elio Team

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's not so much what you drive, it's how you drive.
I would feel safer if my Elio had a device that warned of people driving with there head up there ass.o_O

O look, is that a Subaru?
subaru-crash-sti-gvb-2011-sedan-totaled-destroyed-incidente-impreza-4.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9RsHK6bQY7dvxKRtmxU1BWbbkqOLcm2MFZiu7pVsdrf6-TuX6tg.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTX2-YC0dPL2GbXCtAgm-aEtii2-exBmpYRJ543Va03yoA8ce0G.jpg

View attachment 1796
We have to ask. Why are you here?
Safety is an illusion, you can be struck down anytime anywhere, whether is a car wreck or an aneurysm. I choose not to worry about it too much, but I do keep my eyes open and try to be wary of what's around me. I have 5 motorcycles and I race cars, but it will probably be my diet that ultimately will be my undoing. I hate to quote Mel Gibson but " Every man dies, not every man really lives. " or was that William Wallace?

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Safety is an illusion, you can be struck down anytime anywhere, whether is a car wreck or an aneurysm. I choose not to worry about it too much, but I do keep my eyes open and try to be wary of what's around me. I have 5 motorcycles and I race cars, but it will probably be my diet that ultimately will be my undoing. I hate to quote Mel Gibson but " Every man dies, not every man really lives. " or was that William Wallace?
Speaking about illusions I hope I'm not too disillusioned when I ask if I Can have one of your motorcycles when of if you don't make it? Unfortunately I'm over weight so no help there though.

Top Bottom